Course Proposal Submission
Course Proposal Submission and Review Process
NOT ACCEPTING NEW SUBMISSIONS DURING 2014-2015
- Complete a Course Proposal Cover Sheet, Foundational Component Area Justification Form and Student Learning Outcome Alignment Form for each course.
- Attach document of approval signed by all faculty expected to teach the course (including adjunct).
- Faculty member submits electronic and hard copies of items 1 and 2 to the department chair.
- Department chair approval.
- Department Chair submits electronic and hard copies to the school dean.
- Dean approval.
- Dean submits electronic and hard copies of all forms and approvals to the General Education Committee for review October 1 of the year previous to the year of activation. Proposals that have insufficient information and/or fail to meet these criteria will be returned to the submitting department chair who will have one (1) week to make revisions. Re-submission of proposals is encouraged.
- General Education Committee will evaluate proposals with a rubric. Courses with scores of 3 or 4 in all categories will be eligible to be considered for inclusion in the General Education Core Curriculum.
- General Education Committee will submit the proposed Core Curriculum course change to the Academic Standards Committee by the following January.
- The remainder of the campus approval process is as follows: Curriculum and Instruction Committee, Academic Affairs, and Executive Cabinet.
- Upon approval by Executive Cabinet, the appropriate forms will be completed and sent to the THECB.
NOTE: Submission Timeframe is August 15 through October 1 each year. Make sure you allow enough time for appropriate approvals.