- MyMoney.gov is the U.S. government's website dedicated to teaching everyone the basics about financial education. Whether you are buying a home, balancing your checkbook, or investing in your 401(k), the resources on MyMoney.gov can help you maximize your financial decisions.
- 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy College is a time of new found freedom for many students. But that can spell trouble if that freedom applies to personal finances too. Students need to understand basic money management skills such as living within a budget and handling credit and debt. A solid financial foundation can lead to a lifetime of financial success.
Planning your education
- College For All Texans: The most important thing to remember about preparing for college is to start as soon as possible. It’s never too early to begin gathering information and to create a step-by-step plan. College For All Texans will help you get going, with info about choosing a college, the tests you need, the costs you can expect and more.
- Red to Black: Texas Tech developed program that encourages students to make positive financial decisions and foster healthy financial behaviors. Here you will find budget worksheets to help better manage your finances and learn about how to prevent identity theft.
- America’s Career Infonet
- The Art Career Project
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Job Choices
- Job Choices Diversity
- "Become an Architect" via Alan Roberts, Architect in Tyler, TX
Health Care Careers
- East Texas Area Health Education Center (ETXAHEC): The goal of the East Texas Area Health Education Center is to help young people, teachers and counselors gain access to health career information to promote education that encourages individuals to become their community's health professionals.
- Texas HOT Jobs: Explore a variety of health-care opportunities by learning about the job responsibilities of health care professionals, type of preparation needed to enter particular health-care career pathways, as well as, post-secondary institutions that can help equip you with the necessary skills to enter the workforce as a health-care professional.