We recognize that when a student begins college, the entire family is affected. Along with the student having to adjust to college, an adjustment is also required of you and other family members. Parent and family members must now decide how they will deal with these changes.
It will take real communication and some negotiation to make the adjustment work best for all of you. At Tyler Junior College we offer multiple methods of communication designed to help ease the transition to college life and familiarize you with the many resources available at TJC.
The Office of New Student & Family Programs strives to keep family members informed about college activities and timely announcements. Occasionally, other communications are sent to the College community. When those communications may be of interest to families, they are posted on Apache Parents web page. We communicate with family members in the following ways:
- Apache Parents Listserv delivers the most current information to you on a regular basis. We send an e-mail newsletter once a month with information about pending deadlines, campus news, and special notices. To sign up for this list send a blank email to email@example.com.
- The Apache Parents web site and the TJC Parent and Family Association Facebook provide updated and relevant information online in a timely basis.
- The Parent Partner, a semester newsletter, is published for families of all undergraduate students. The fall newsletter is mailed to the "permanent address" your student lists on College registration information after he/she is admitted to Tyler Junior College. It is also posted on the Apache Parent web page as a PDF. For spring and summer editions a postcard is mailed to the "permanent address" for students notifying family members the newsletter has been posted to the Apache Parents web page as a PDF. ALL PDFs CAN BE FOUND IN THE RELATED DOWNLOADS PAGE.
- Events for Apache Family Members include Parent/Family Programs during Summer Orientation, Homecoming and Parents' Weekend.
- Parent and Family Association, part of the TJC Alumni Association.