Frequently Asked Questions: Register for Classes
Click a question to reveal the answer.
Register for Classes FAQs
Q: I have a hold on my file. How do I have this removed?
- Advising Holds: speak to an Academic Advisor for removal of this hold.
- Bad Address Hold: Go to the Registrar's office and complete a change of address form for removal of hold.
- Business Service Hold: money is owed to the college and this hold can only be removed by the Business Service office.
- Campus Police Hold: Campus Police will need to remove this hold. (This generally means you have a parking ticket.)
- Financial Aid Hold: Financial Aid will need to remove this hold. If it is an Exit Counseling hold, click on the link below which will take you to the Stafford Exit Counseling page. After completing the Exit Counseling Session, you will need to contact Financial Aid and give them your confirmation number and resubmit your transcript request to the Registrar's office. Click here for Exit Counseling
- Transcript Hold: a high school or college transcript from your previous institution(s) has not been received. In order to lift this hold we must receive the transcript(s) from those listed institutions that have caused the hold. TJC allows for one (1) academic semester of enrollment while waiting on the official transcript(s). However, you will not be able to register for the following semester or obtain a TJC transcript until all transcripts are received.
(High School transcripts must have a graduation date posted and must be mailed or walked-in to be considered official. If you sent your transcript before graduation you must send another with the posted graduation date.)
Q: How do I register for classes on Apache Access?
Q: How do I view or print a copy of my class schedule?
Q: How do I register for a class that is full or closed?
Q: When/where can I get my TJC ID card, lanyard, and parking permit?
Q: Can students who have never been to college before get cleared to register online without having to come to the campus?
Q: What classes can I take for Dual Credit?
Q: I want to enroll in more than 2 Dual Credit classes. Is this possible?
Q: I am a Homeschool student. Do I need a dual credit/early admission permission form?
Q: Can I receive Financial Aid to help pay for my classes if I am still in high school?
Q: If I am taking dual credit or early admissions classes, do I need to attend Orientation?
Q: Do dual-credit courses transfer to other institutions?
Q: If I'm currently taking dual credit classes and I am not attending TJC after graduation, do I still need to submit an official high school transcript after my high school graduation?
Q: What is an Early Admissions (EA) Hold? Why do I have an EA Hold on my account?
Q: How do I contact the Registrar’s Office?
Q: What types of courses does TJC offer?
Q: What should I do if I have a disability and want to receive accommodations?
Q: Where can I find registration and payment dates?
Q: I'm looking for a certain degree. Is there a list of degrees on the website?
Q: If I registered for a class, but want to switch the class because I signed up for the wrong one/need a different class, what do I do?
Q: How do I drop a class?
Q: Where can I find prerequisites for courses?
Q: How do I know if I am an in-district student or an out-of-district student?
Q: What do I need to do if I need to change my address or name?
Q: If I went to TJC a long time ago, how can I get my unofficial transcript?
Q: Where can I find class times for class offerings I want to register for?
Q: What does the letter "I" mean on my transcript?
Q: How do I drop my classes?
Q: Is there a way I can look up my transcript online as a former student?
Q: What is a CRN number?
Q: How do I get a transcript of my college hours sent to a board of licensure in another state?
Q: What are acceptable forms of identification?
Tyler Junior College Register for Classes feed