Frequently Asked Questions: Living on Campus
Click a question to reveal the answer.
Living on Campus FAQs
To have a completed Housing application file and be eligible to be placed an applicant must:
- Be admitted to Tyler Junior College through the Admissions Office and receive an A-number from Admissions.
- Complete and submit a separate on-line Housing application.
- Complete and submit the Background Check form. The form can be downloaded, completed, signed, and faxed to the Housing Office. A background check is processed for all students living on-campus.
- Submit proof of the required bacterial meningitis vaccination. This can be submitted through Admissions or the Housing office. You need the meningitis vaccine (MCV4) before you can register for classes at TJC. This is a new requirement passed by the Texas Legislature (Senate Bill 1107, 82nd Legislature). Without the vaccine, you CANNOT enter college or live in a Residence Hall.
- Once you're assigned a room, housing fees will be posted on your account. Payments can be made on-line with a credit card or at the Cashier's office on campus.
Q: Are there rules for students that live in the dorms, as far as curfews, and boys and girls being in the same room together, and also are the dorms set up in apartment style for freshman are just one large room?