Contact an Advisor
Welcome to Academic Advising!
Incoming Freshmen are encouraged to attend New Student Orientation in July for the best opportunity to see an Academic Advisor. For info see www.tjc.edu/orientation. Advisement and registration will take place on the second day of each session. Due to Orientation, Advisors will not be available to see other students in the Advising Center on July 13, 17, 20 and 24. Please always call ahead to verify Advisor availability when walking in, especially if traveling from a distance.
Regular Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Advisors are available by walk-in visit or appointment, Monday-Thursday, 8 am-5 pm.; Friday, 8 am-3 pm
We have two Advising Centers: Rogers Student Center, 2nd floor and Pirtle Technology, Room 202
When e-mailing an Advisor for information, please use your TJC e-mail address in Apache Access that was assigned upon acceptance to TJC. In order to assist the Advisor, please include your A# in the body of your e-mail. Advisement by email is limited because of FERPA law so we must be able to verify you are the student.
Please call the appropriate advising office listed below, especially if traveling from out of town, to:
- Verify if TJC and the advising office is open;
- Verify if appointments are available to meet your needs;
- Find out when the Academic Advisor for your major has walk in days; or,
- Find out when walk in advising/registration sessions are available.
Please Note: Test scores for placement must be available before advisement unless exempt and a Government issued photo ID or TJC ID is always required when seeing an Academic Advisor in our centers or during advising/registration events.
Advising Center, 2nd Floor RSC, 903-510-2425
- Kenny Masenda, firstname.lastname@example.org
Advising Center, 2nd Floor RSC, 903-510-2662
Pirtle Tech 202, 903-510-2347
- Stephanie Arriola, email@example.com
- Brenda Brungot, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tracey Lornson, email@example.com
- Daniel Parker, firstname.lastname@example.org