Contact an Advisor
Welcome to TJC Academic Advising!
Academic Advisors are divided into three teams. See names, locations and contact information listed below. You may click on the appropriate Academic School link to see which majors are advised by a particular Advisor.
- Please always call ahead at 903-510-2425, 2662, or 2347 to verify Academic Advisor availability when walking in, especially if traveling from a distance.
- Complete all admissions and testing requirements before seeking advisement. Test scores for placement must be available unless exemptions are met or previous college credit meets required prerequisites. A government issued photo ID or TJC ID is always required when seeing an Academic Advisor in our centers or during advising/registration events.
Notice: All Advisors will be located in RSC Apache Rooms November 17, 18, 19; December 1, 2, 3; and December 15, 16 for Spring 2016 Advising/Registration Sessions from 8:00am to 3:00pm. Door closes at 3pm and students will be assisted until we close at 5:00pm.
Regular Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Advisors are available by walk-in visit or appointment, Monday-Thursday, 8 am-5 pm.; Friday, 8 am-3 pm
We have two Advising Centers: Rogers Student Center, 2nd floor and Pirtle Technology, Room 202
Due to privacy concerns covered by FERPA, we do not advise by phone.
When e-mailing an Advisor for information, please:
- Use your TJC e-mail address in Apache Access that was assigned upon acceptance to TJC.
- Include your Name, A# and major/career interest in the body of your e-mail. Advisement by email is limited because of privacy rules covered by FERPA so we must be able to verify you are the student.
Please call the appropriate advising office listed below, especially if traveling from out of town, to:
- Verify if TJC and the advising office is open;
- Verify if appointments are available to meet your needs;
- Find out when the Academic Advisor for your major has walk in days; or,
- Find out when walk in advising/registration sessions are available.
School of Engineering, Mathematics and Sciences & School of Humanities, Communications and Fine Arts
Academic Advising Center, 2nd Floor RSC, 903-510-2425
- Jessie Tilmon, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kimberly Tucker, email@example.com
- Whitney Sharman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laryssa Terry, email@example.com
- Kenny Masenda, Athletes, firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Advising Center, 2nd Floor RSC, 903-510-2662
- Kathy Patterson, email@example.com
- Amber Rios, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Xochil Adame, email@example.com
- Susan Allem, firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Advising Office: Pirtle Technology 202, 903-510-2347
- Stephanie Arriola, email@example.com
- Brenda Brungot, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tracey Lornson, email@example.com
- Nicolas Moreno, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calicia Wright, email@example.com