Contact an Advisor
Welcome to Academic Advising!
Academic Advisors are divided into three teams. Names and contact information is listed below. You may click on the appropriate Academic School see which majors are advised by a particular Advisor.
Please always call ahead at 903-510-2425, 2662, or 2347 to verify Academic Advisor availability when walking in, especially if traveling from a distance.
Please complete all admissions and testing requirements before seeking advisement. Test scores for placement must be available unless exemptions are met or previous college credit meets required prerequisites. A government issued photo ID or TJC ID is always required when seeing an Academic Advisor in our centers or during advising/registration events.
Regular Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Advisors are available by walk-in visit or appointment, Monday-Thursday, 8 am-5 pm.; Friday, 8 am-3 pm
We have two Advising Centers: Rogers Student Center, 2nd floor and Pirtle Technology, Room 202
When e-mailing an Advisor for information, please use your TJC e-mail address in Apache Access that was assigned upon acceptance to TJC. In order to assist the Advisor, please include your A# in the body of your e-mail. Advisement by email is limited because of privacy rules covered by FERPA so we must be able to verify you are the student. If you wish us to be able to speak to a parent or someone else about your school business you must sign a FERPA waiver form in Apache Access under TJC eForms (Doc e
Fill) and include their name(s). This will be kept on file and may be cancelled in the Registrar's office any time.
Please call the appropriate advising office listed below, especially if traveling from out of town, to:
- Verify if TJC and the advising office is open;
- Verify if appointments are available to meet your needs;
- Find out when the Academic Advisor for your major has walk in days; or,
- Find out when walk in advising/registration sessions are available.
School of Engineering, Mathematics and Sciences & School of Humanities, Communications and Fine Arts
Advising Center, 2nd Floor RSC, 903-510-2425
- Jessie Tilmon, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kimberly Tucker, email@example.com
- Kenny Masenda, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitney Sharman, email@example.com
- Laryssa Terry, firstname.lastname@example.org
Advising Center, 2nd Floor RSC, 903-510-2662
- Kathy Patterson, email@example.com
- Amber Rios, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Xochil Adame, email@example.com
- Shelbie Gordon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pirtle Tech 202, 903-510-2347
- Stephanie Arriola, email@example.com
- Brenda Brungot, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tracey Lornson, email@example.com
- Nicolas Moreno, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calicia Wright, email@example.com