About the Program
The Family Learning Center of Tyler was established in 2007, a collaborative project of the Literacy Council of Tyler, Tyler ISD, and Tyler Junior College. It also serves as the Tyler Junior College Child Development/Early Childhood Education Laboratory School for college students preparing for careers in early childhood professions. The Family Learning Center of Tyler strives to be a model of excellence in childcare and early childhood education. The classrooms provide quality educational services to young children and their families in a safe, warm and nurturing environment.
- Enrollment is open to any child 6 weeks to 5 years of age, provided the child care program and facility can meet the needs of the child.
- Our location at the TISD Douglas Elementary Campus Annex is convenient to Downtown Tyler, the Medical District, and several TISD schools.
- Hours of Operation are Monday through Friday, 7:15 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
- Our Program is licensed to provide care for 54 children which makes it a small, family-type program with low teacher/child ratios; two teachers in each classroom.
- Teachers have an Associate Degree in Early Childhood or related field or are pursuing a degree; Support Staff have Child Development/Early Childhood course work too.
- Tuition is affordable. $135/wk for ages 6 weeks—18 months. $125/wk for ages 18 months—5 years. (Tuition is locked in for 2 years). A nonrefundable Registration Fee of $150 for all new students and returning students is due at the time of enrollment.
- Lunch and two snacks are provide daily; the cost of lunch is included in tuition.
Family Learning Center
Address: 1508 N. Hayne
Tyler, TX 75702