Tyler Junior College strives to offer open access and equal opportunity to all those interested in pursuing a quality higher education by maintaining affordable tuition and fees, as well as administering financial support programs which encourage broad student participation.
Approximately one thousand TJC students receive more than $1.3 million annually from scholarships funded through the Tyler Junior College Foundation. With a student body of almost ten thousand, the number of students who qualify far exceeds the number of available scholarships. Each year, more than four hundred deserving applicants do not receive scholarship assistance due to a lack of funding.
Your scholarship gift will help TJC meet student financial needs.
Approximately four hundred talented Tyler Junior College students are annually awarded "performance grants" to compete, perform and entertain. Through their participation in the below extracurricular groups, TJC students enhance their learning experience and serve as sources of goodwill for the College.
- A Capella Choir
- Apache Band
- Apache Belles
- Dance Department
- Harmony and Understanding
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- Student Senate
- Theatre Department
The Legacy Scholarship Program is designed to establish endowment-based funding to ensure that Tyler Junior College's outstanding extracurricular programs continue to be a vital part of the student experience. With the continuing decline in state funding, the Legacy program does not rely on the College for "performance grants" but instead funds these programs with individual gifts of $25,000. Each contribution creates a scholarship endowment, which supports a student who is participating in one of TJC's exceptional extracurricular activities.
Your Legacy Scholarship will guarantee a quality college experience for TJC students.
- Your $25,000 gift will establish a Legacy Scholarship Endowment in your name or the name of an individual you wish to honor.
- You may specify the extracurricular group that you wish to fund.
- You may choose to fund your Legacy Scholarship with a contribution of cash, securities or an estate gift such as a bequest, trust or other beneficial planned giving instrument.
- You may elect to make installment gifts for up to a five-year period with your scholarship joining the Legacy family the fall semester of the year following the complete funding of your endowment.
- Your Legacy Endowment will provide scholarship funds in perpetuity.
In appreciation and recognition of your generous gift, the Foundation will provide you with the opportunity to get to know your Legacy Scholarship recipient at an annual event. You will also receive a bronze hand-etched plaque commemorating your Legacy Endowment, and a second plaque will be placed in a prominent area of the White Administrative Services Center on the main TJC campus.
For further information concerning the Legacy Scholarship program, please contact the Tyler Junior College Foundation at (903) 510-2382 or email@example.com.