Housing Application Process
DEADLINE: MARCH 1, 2014 FOR PRIORITY PLACEMENT FALL SEMESTER 2014
Housing applications received on or after March 1, 2014 are automatically put on a Placement Waiting List.
NOTE: Applicants automatically put on the Waiting List will pay the $100 one-time non-refundable application processing fee IF they are assigned a room. After being placed, they have 10 days to pay the $100 non-refundable application processing fee. If the $100 fee is not paid within 10 days, the room will be assigned to the next applicant on the Waiting List. The fee can not be paid by Financial Aid or Scholarships.
The Housing application is found on Apache Access. Housing applications are accepted year-round and assignments are made based on the date the completed on-line Housing application is received in the Residential Life and Housing Department. Applying and completing your Housing file early improves the possibility of getting a room on campus. There is a $100 one-time, non-refundable Application Processing fee. This fee can not be paid by Financial Aid or Scholarships.
For all Applicants --- to be considered for placement in a Residence Hall:
- Be admitted to Tyler Junior College through the Admissions Office and receive an A-number from Admissions.
- After receiving the A-number, wait 48 hours then complete and submit a separate on-line Housing application which is found on Apache Access.
- Complete and submit the Background Check form found on Apache Access. The form can be downloaded, completed, signed, and uploaded to become part of your Housing application file. NOTE: A background check is processed for all students applying to live on-campus.
- Pay the $100 one-time non-refundable Application Processing fee. The fee can be paid on-line as an application step or by contacting the TJC Cashier's office at 903-510-2672. (Applications submitted on or after March 1, 2014 can delay paying this fee. See notes above.)
- Submit proof of receiving a meningitis vaccination (MCV4) to the TJC Admissions office. Without the vaccine, you CANNOT enter college.
- When a room assignment is made, the room and mandatory meal plan charges are placed on the student's account. Charges are on a per semester basis. Before a student can move into a Residence Hall the charges must be paid in full or arrangements to pay must have been made.
- If you are paying out of pocket: Each semester, a payment deadline for Housing charges is established. A payment plan is available through the Business Services office.
- If you are paying with Financial Aid:
- Complete your Financial Aid application early. Check your Apache Access account regularly to make sure the Financial Aid Department has received all the required documents.
- When you have been awarded, submit a copy of your Financial Aid award letter to the Residential Life and Housing office. The letter can be found on your Apache Access account and verifies the amount of grants and loans you are receiving. Bridge Loans granted by TJC do not cover on-campus Housing costs. Bridge Loans only pay for tuition and fees.
- If you are paying with scholarships you need to contact the scholarship office at 903-510-2386 to have your scholarships verified.
Please call (903-510-2345) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) Residential Life & Housing if you have questions about the Housing application process. For an example of a housing contract and our Residence Life Handbook, click here.