Housing Application Process
NEW STUDENTS: The Application for 2015-2016 HOUSING opens October 31, 2014
NEW STUDENTS DEADLINE: MARCH 1, 2015 for PRIORITY PLACEMENT, Fall Semester 2015
Housing applications received on or after March 1, 2015 are automatically put on a Placement Waiting List
CURRENT RESIDENTS: Room selection for 2015-2016 will occur in mid-March.
The Housing application is found on Apache Access. Housing assignments are made based on the date the completed on-line Housing application is received in the Residential Life and Housing Department. Applying and completing your Housing file early improves the possibility of getting a room on campus. There is a $100 one-time, non-refundable Application Processing fee. This fee can not be paid by Financial Aid or Scholarships.
For all Applicants --- to be considered for placement in a Residence Hall:
- Be admitted to Tyler Junior College through the Admissions Office and receive an A-number from Admissions.
- After receiving the A-number, wait 48 hours then complete and submit a separate on-line Housing application which is found on Apache Access.
- Complete and submit the Background Check form found on Apache Access. The form can be downloaded, completed, signed, and uploaded to become part of your Housing application file. NOTE: A background check is processed for all students applying to live on-campus.
- Pay the $100 one-time non-refundable Application Processing fee. The fee can be paid on-line as an application step or by contacting the TJC Cashier's office at 903-510-2672.
- Submit proof of receiving a meningitis vaccination (MCV4) to the TJC Admissions office. Without the vaccine, you CANNOT enter college.
- When a room assignment is made, the room and mandatory meal plan charges are placed on the student's account. Charges are on a per semester basis. Before a student can move into a Residence Hall the charges must be paid in full or arrangements to pay must have been made.
Please call (903-510-2345) or e-mail (email@example.com) Residential Life & Housing if you have questions about the Housing application process. For an example of a housing contract and our Residence Life Handbook, click here.