Housing Application Process
NEW STUDENTS: The Fall 2016-Spring 2017 HOUSING Application opens on October 31, 2016
MARCH 1, 2017 --- deadline for PRIORITY PLACEMENT, Fall Semester 2017
Find the TJC Housing application on Apache Access. Completing the TJC Admissions application does not guarantee you a room on-campus. Fall 2017 Housing assignments begin mid-April 2017. Only Applicants who complete the housing application process will be assigned. Placement is done based on the date the Housing application process is complete.
Applying and completing your Housing file early improves the possibility of getting a room on campus. TJC affiliated teams and groups (Honors, Band, Belles) have rooms blocked by sponsors and coaches. The housing application process must be completed by all TJC affiliated group members. A $100 one-time, non-refundable Application Processing fee is required for 1st time applicants. This fee can not be paid by Financial Aid or Scholarships.
To be considered for placement in a Residence Hall:
- Be admitted to Tyler Junior College through the Admissions Office and receive an A-number from Admissions.
- After receiving the A-number, wait 48 hours then complete and submit the separate on-line Housing application found on Apache Access.
- Complete and submit the Background Check form found on Apache Access. The form can be downloaded, completed, signed, and uploaded to become part of your Housing application file. NOTE: A background check is processed for all students applying to live on-campus.
- Pay the $100 one-time non-refundable Application Processing fee. The fee can be paid on-line as an application step or by contacting the TJC Cashier's office at 903-510-2672.
- When a room assignment is made, the room and mandatory meal plan charges are placed on the student's account. Charges are on a per semester basis. Before a student can move into a Residence Hall the charges must be paid in full or arrangements to pay must have been made.
Please call (903-510-2345) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) Residential Life & Housing if you have questions about the Housing application process. For an example of a housing contract and our Residence Life Handbook, click here.