Tyler Junior College is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
This website endeavours to conform to level Double-A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user friendly for all people.
This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS. The site displays correctly in current browsers and using standards compliant HTML/CSS code means any future browsers will also display it correctly.
Web pages on www.tjc.edu include 4 different areas:
- left-hand column that includes the main navigation,
- header bar that includes a link back to the home page, search area and quick links
- main content area
- right column area for links specifically related to the page of the website you are on
- If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 or higher on a PC, press "alt" and the access key character at the same time, then press the enter key
- For Netscape 6 and Mozilla, use the alt key on a PC, or the ctrl + Alt key on an Apple Macintosh
- For Safari, Chrome, and Firefox on a Mac, press Control + Option + access key
S - skip navigation
(this features allows you to "tab through" the navigation)
1 - Homepage
2 - Whats new
3 - Site map
4 - Search facility
5 - Frequently asked questions
7 - Contact Us
8 - Disclaimer
9 - Feedback
0 - Access key details (this page)
To open a link in a new tab
- On all platforms, right click on the link and choose "Open Link in New Tab"
- On a PC, press Ctrl while clicking on a link
- On a Mac, press Command while clicking on a link
To open a link in a new window
- On all platforms, right click on the link and choose "Open Link in New Window"
To zoom in/out
- On all browsers, select the View menu, and chose the appropriate zoom option
- On a PC, press and hold Ctrl while pressing - (zoom out) or + (zoom in)
- On a Mac, press and hold Command while pressing - (zoom out) or + (zoom in)
While Tyler Junior College strives to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. We are continually seeking out solutions that will bring all areas of the site up to the same level of overall web accessibility. In the meantime should you experience any difficulty in accessing the website, please don’t hesitate to contact us.