As a parent of a college student, you are very interested in helping your student succeed in this new venture of their life. Helping your student succeed academically, socially, and emotionally is vital during this transition. Below are a list of articles that can be found on the related downloads and links to pages with tips and ways you can help ensure your student gets the most out of their TJC experience.
- Key Issues in the First Year: Ways to Provide Support
- Key Issues in the Sophomore Year: Ways to Provide Support
- Communicating with the College: Why, How and When?
- Transition to College: Separation & Change
- Parent Tips for Communication
- There Will be Change
- Visits to TJC & Coming Home
- Eight Simple Rules from a Former College Student
- Recommended Web Sites/Suggested Readings
- Apache Access - a vital portal that all students will need to use in order to access their student email, grades, and register for classes.