Professional & Technical Programs
The School of Professional and Technical Programs offers professional programs which are designed to transfer to upper-level institutions such as an Associate of Science Field of Study program in Computer Science, an Associate of Arts Field of Study program in Criminal Justice, or an Associate of Arts in Business and Education.
The School of Professional and Technical Programs also includes programs designed to train individuals in specific career fields, such as surveying, computer science or automotive technology. Although these programs are not typically designed for transfer to upper-level colleges or universities, some programs have an articulation agreement in place with upper-level institutions which allow transfer of credits to a university. Students interested in this type of program should speak with an academic advisor for information on which technical programs will transfer and the requirements.
General studies, or "core curriculum" courses, within technical programs do transfer to Texas public colleges and universities, by law, and may transfer to private or out-of-state institutions. Depending upon the program and the institution selected, other courses may also be accepted for transfer; however, transfer of these credits to upper-level degree-granting institutions is not the intent of these programs. Students studying in these programs, who later decide to transfer to an upper-level institution, should consult their academic advisor first.
To see the Professional and Technical Programs brochure, see our related downloads page.
Dean of Professional & Technical Programs
Jason Waller, Acting Dean
Office: Pirtle T-116
- ACT-On Retail Management Careers Project
- Automotive Technology
- Business Management
- Child Development/Early Childhood
- Computer Science/Information Systems
- Criminal Justice
- Electrical/Electronic Controls Technology
- Emergency Medical Services Professions (EMT and Paramedic)
- Engineering Design Technology
- Fire Protection Technology
- Game and Simulation Development
- Health Information Technology
- Healthcare Administration (AAS)
- Medical Office Management
- Power Plant Technology
- Professional Tennis Management
- Public Administration
- Retention Services
- Sign Language Interpreting
- Surveying & Mapping Technology
- Visual Communications
- Welding Technology