- Harmony & Understanding
Harmony & Understanding
Harmony & Understanding is a select group of student performers from Tyler Junior College. Their shows are filled with high powered, energy driven singing and dancing representing a wide range of repertoire from nostalgic tunes of yesteryear to modern pop culture. The group has performed nationally and internationally since 1970. Such appearances include:
- Dallas Cowboys half-time shows
- State Fair of Texas
- Texas Rose Festival
- Miss Texas Pageant
- July 4th celebrations at the Cotton Bowl
- Texas Breakfast Club in Washington, D.C.
- Nice, France - Carnival Celebration
- Yachiyo, Japan - Sister City Concert
- London Millennium Concerts and Parade
- U.S. Military Bases, Hawaii
- Ramstein Air Force Base, Germany
- Lawrence Welk Theatre - Branson, MO
- Crescent City Jazz Festival - New Orleans, LA
Harmony and Understanding is directed by Professor Andrea Trent and choreographed by Carolyn Hanna.
Tyler Junior College enrolls over 10,000 students a semester and offers a wide selection of music courses for music majors, theatre majors, dance majors and students in other fields who want to participate in music organizations. For more information on TJC's Music department or scholarship opportunities, contact the music department at 903-510-2214, or visit the TJC Music webpage.
Harmony & Understanding is in demand throughout the year for local and regional guest performances. Various civic organizations such as Tyler Rotary Club, Women's Symphony League, Tyler Newcomers Club, The Better Business Bureau, Retired Military Officers Club, and Breckenridge Village's Annual Fundraiser "Santa's Village" are some of the area's most popular venues.
To book H&U for your next event please contact Andrea Trent at email@example.com or 903-510-2214.
- An auditioned premier show choir founded in 1970
- Repertoire ranges from standard classic-pop and Broadway music to modern day hits.
- Each performance includes high powered, energy driven singing and dancing.
- Performances are staged professionally and are adaptable to small community venues as well as larger performance halls.
- In addition to numerous performances in the community, H&U presents annual Pops Concert with TJC Jazz Ensemble and Broadway Blast.
- Open to any TJC student by audition.
- Scholarship opportunities are available.
Harmony and Understanding Auditions
|March 19, 2016, and April 9, 2016|