Stop the Spread
You can take steps to protect yourself and others during a COVID-19 outbreak.
- The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
Help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases like COVID-19.
- Wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.