The Apache Band Backers is an organization comprised of parents, family, friends and business and community leaders who have a vested interest in the success of the growing band programs at Tyler Junior College. TJC's Marching Band, Concert Band, Jazz Bands, Touch of Gold, Pep Band, Wind Ensemble, Winter Guard, and Winter Percussion/Drumline provide students with a variety of performance and service opportunities.
The primary purpose of the Band Backers membership is to provide much-needed funds to ensure the development of excellence in music education while supporting performance skills and leadership in our students. Please join us in preserving the over 65-year legacy of the great Apache Band and help TJC continue to build a one-of-a-kind music education and performance program.
Benefits of membership include:
- Apache magazine full of TJC news, features and class notes
- Free admission to all home athletic games and student productions
- Free admission to the Homecoming festivities including awards dinner and tailgate party
- Invitations to various activities including special events for Apache Band Supporters
- Dependents eligible to apply for alumni scholarships
- And most important, knowing you are helping the Apache Band!
$10 of your ANNUAL membership ($25 Individual/$40 Couple) and $50 of your LIFETIME membership ($200 Individual/$300 Couple) dues goes directly to the Apache Band.
How to Become a Band Backer
If you would like to sign up online (a one-time credit card payment):
- Head to our Alumni Association Form and fill it out.
- Under "Special Interests", select Apache Band.
- In the comments box, let us know that you're becoming a band backer, and let us know, if applicable, if you have a student that is/was in the Apache Band.
If you would like to pay by check, or set up a credit card payment plan of $50 a month:
- Download the Band Backer Form and send to
The TJC Alumni Association
PO Box 9020
Tyler, TX 75711