Civility at Tyler Junior College
The following textbooks on the subject of civility are available at Vaughn Library.
- Rules of Civility, by George Washington
- In Search of Civility: Confronting Incivility on the College Campus, by Dr. Kent M. Weeks
- A Book of Courtesy: the Art of Living with Yourself and Others, by Mary Mercedes
- Rude Awakenings: Overcoming the Civility Crisis in the Workplace, by Giovinella Gonthier
- Fostering Civility on Campus, by Judy Rookstool
- The Virtue of Civility: Selected Essays on Liberalism, Tradition, and Civil Society, by Edward Shils
- Encouraging Civility as a Community College Leader, by Paul Elsner
- Doing Civility by Dr. Kent. M. Weeks
How to Report Acts of Intolerance or Incivility
Individuals may report an act of incivility:
- to any Civility Task Force member
- to Campus Police by telephone (903-510-2222 if emergency; 903-510-2258 if non-emergency)
- anonymously by sending a text message to 79516, using the keyword of "tjctip".
Mon-Thurs: 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Fri: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday: closed
Vaughn Library will be closed Monday, July 4th.