Announcing: New Honors Student Orientation
All new students admitted to the TJC Honors Program for the 2015-16 academic year must attend the New Honors Student Orientation scheduled for June 18-19. Parents are also invited to attend. Register at http://tjcnsohonors.eventbrite.com. The deadline for registration is Sunday, June 14, 2015.
At Honors Orientation, parents are invited to join the Honors Program faculty and staff for an informal reception with dinner and drinks hosted by the TJC Parent & Family Association and the Alumni Association. 6-9 p.m., Thursday, June 18. Please RSVP when you register for orientation through the above link.
We look forward to meeting our new Honors Freshmen!
If you are interested in learning more about the Honors Program, including Honors Tracks, the Living and Learning Community, service learning, or our honors faculty and courses offered, please click "The Honors Experience" on the side bar of this page.
Why join the Honors Program at TJC?
- Most incoming students receive full tuition and fees for two years of study under the Presidential Honors Scholarship
- A community honors experience in the Honors Living and Learning Community (apply for housing here)
- Small classes of committed students taught by dedicated, engaging instructors—enrollment is limited to eighteen students
- Exclusive computer-equipped study lounge on the third floor of Rogers Student Center with coffee service and free printing
- Cultural and social activities such as field trips and volunteer opportunities
- Honors distinction on your official transcript
- Help with preparation to transfer to the four-year university of your choice
- Smooth transition to many regional university honors programs