Greece: Archaeological and Biblical Journeys to the Ancient Civilizations
- 10-Days: March 8-17, 2019 ($2,090 plus the airfare)
- 11-Days: March 7-17, 2019 ($2,190 plus the airfare) (Recommended)
- 12-Days: March 7-18, 2019 ($2,290 plus the airfare)
TJC will offer a 10, 11, and 12-day travel study projects in Greece. These projects take a look at both ancient and modern Greece. Long considered the cradle of Western civilization, the Greek culture provides the basis for many of our ideas about democracy, Christianity, the classical literature, mythology, language, war, science, medicine, education, art and architecture and sports.
We will visit the high points of classical Greek legacies by visiting seven of the 18 UNESCO heritage sites of Greece, i.e., Acropolis, Corinth, Epidaurus, Nafplion, Mycenae, Olympia, Meteora, and Delphi among many other places. Join us to develop your own respect for the history and beauty of Greece, but above all come to love her vibrant and welcoming people.
- Round trip transportation to the airports within Greece
- Accommodation in 4-5 star hotels, double occupancy
- English speaking licensed professional tourist guide
- Land transportation within Greece with air-conditioned bus
- Admission fees to the sites on the itinerary
- Two meals a day per itinerary
- Parking fees, tips to hotels and restaurants
- Administrative fees and orientation costs
A deposit of $590 is required at time of registration. Enrollment will be based on the space availability and on a first come first serve basis.
A partial scholarship is available for students.
The tour is open to the public. Any community member, student, or faculty member may enroll for this project. Travelers have the freedom to buy their own desired airline ticket.