COVID-19 Information Center
Given local, state and national guidance to extend physical distancing, we are making adjustments to the College’s plans for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester. More information is forthcoming. TJC will communicate specific guidance and updated information in the coming days. Please check your TJC student email and this website for updates.
Curriculum utilizing online/remote course delivery will continue in this format for the rest of the semester.
Courses with hands-on and/or specialized equipment requirements
Unfortunately, there are a small percentage of our courses that cannot be completed effectively through remote instruction. You may receive a grade of “Incomplete” until the remaining course components can be safely completed. Tentatively, opportunities will be provided during May and Summer to complete your coursework. You will be notified directly if this affects you.
Residence Halls are closed for the remainder of the semester. Please look for an email from Residential Life and Housing about next steps.
Get answers to frequently asked questions.
Important Contact Information
Virtual office hours and realtime help contact information.
Stop the Spread
Keep you and your family safe during this uncertain time.
Resources for Students
Need help getting acquainted with online classes? We're here to help!
Virtual Info Sessions
Engage with admissions specialists, academic advisors, financial aid specialists, and ask questions of current students.
TJC prides itself on care, integrity and accessibility. It is critical, especially in these challenging times, that we provide exceptional service to our students. In a continued effort to slow the spread of the virus and maximize physical distance, but still deliver stellar service to those who need it, we will be providing real-time virtual student support starting April 1.
- Virtual Offices: Apache Enrollment Center, Advising, Admissions, Dual Credit/High School Partnerships, Registrar, Scholarships, Financial Aid and Business Services
- Virtual Support Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. · Office contact information can be found at https://www.tjc.edu/coronavirus/contact
- If you need assistance outside of the Virtual Support Hours, you can send emails or leave voice messages which will be answered or returned the next business day.
- Virtual Info Sessions: Our virtual sessions give you the chance to engage with admissions specialists, academic advisors, financial aid specialists, and ask questions of current students.
Library & Bookstore
- Vaughn Library is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. for access to our computer labs.
- The on-campus bookstore is open Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Additionally, we have developed outdoor WiFi hotspots you can use from your vehicle. This service will be available in parking lots S4, F3, F4 and F5 (near Rogers Student Center and Genecov).
- TJC Residence Halls are closed for the remainder of the Spring term. A more detailed message has been sent to your TJC student email account.
- A prorated refund for room and board charges, from approximately March 15 through May 6, will be credited to your account by May 1.
- Starting immediately through April 20, you will be able to move out of your residence hall. Move out will be by appointment, available 7 days a week.
- To make a move-out appointment, please email email@example.com with your: A-number, Name, Hall Name, Room #, Requested move out day and time, Hometown and Telephone Number.
Awards & Graduation Update
Unfortunately, to continue to keep everyone at TJC safe, the May graduation ceremonies are being postponed and tentatively scheduled for August. Those meeting graduation requirements will still have their degree awarded in May. Please note the ceremony may take on a different look and feel depending on the state of the health crisis at that time but we are committed to finding a way to celebrate these students and their accomplishments.
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as they become available.
Test 10 Study Tips For Online ClassesRead More
10 Study Tips For Online Classes
Studying for an online class involves challenges that are not always present when you take in-person classes. The following will provide you with tips for studying and staying on top of your online classes.
Test Protect Yourself from COVID-19Read More
Protect Yourself from COVID-19
You can take steps to protect yourself and others during a COVID-19 outbreak.
Test Smith County "Stay at home" orderRead More
Smith County "Stay at home" order
Smith County Judge Nathaniel Moran issued a two-week “Stay at Home” Order for all Smith Co…