COVID-19 Information Center
We are making adjustments to upcoming terms in response to COVID-19.
- Classes are offered online, hybrid, or in-person. Visit https://www.tjc.edu/yourway for more information regarding modalities, schedule, registering and health and safety precautions.
- In-person classes have limited seating to allow for physical distancing. Visit our webpage for our COVID-19 Operations Plan to learn more.
- Masks are required on campus. Go here for more information regarding mask guidelines.
- Having a COVID-19 vaccine changes some of the requirements for quarantining. Please refer to the flow chart and TJC policies and procedures.
TJC will communicate specific guidance and updated information. Please check your TJC student email and this website for updates.
Clery notification for COVID-19 cases
We have been informed of confirmed positive COVID-19 test results within our TJC community. While we have taken significant measures to limit opportunities of exposure to the Coronavirus, we are also prepared for the possibilities that COVID-19 will make its way on to our campus. Our TJC protocols are in accordance with county, state, and federal guidelines and are continually reviewed/updated to match any given situation.
Read the notifications here: https://www.tjc.edu/campuspolice/reports
COVID-19 Testing & Reporting
If you have tested positive, been in contact with someone who tested positive, or you are experiencing symptoms, please fill out the COVID-19 Report Form.
The UT Health Clinic on 5th and Beckham offers Covid-19 testing dependent on a patient’s symptoms and exposure risk. For students that have insurance, the reference lab (CPL) will bill the insurance carrier. In cases where the student is uninsured, CPL will bill the Cares Act Fund. Students must present with a driver’s license, social security or passport and fill out a brief registration form and medical history questionnaire.
Additionally, NET Health is offering free testing to anyone in East Texas. Any non-symptomatic person from any county can come to receive a free COVID-19 test. These walk-in testing events will not require pre-registration but you will need to wear a mask when you enter either of these locations. https://www.nethealthcovid19.org/testing
For more guidelines, please read What to do if you are sick.
TJC prides itself on care, integrity and accessibility. It is critical, especially in these challenging times, that we provide exceptional service to our students. In a continued effort to slow the spread of the virus and maximize physical distance, but still deliver stellar service to those who need it, we will be providing real-time virtual student support.
- Offices are open for virtual support: Apache Enrollment Center, Advising, Admissions, Dual Credit/High School Partnerships, Registrar, Scholarships, Financial Aid and Business Services
- Virtual support hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. · Office contact information can be found at https://www.tjc.edu/coronavirus/contact
- Virtual lobbies: Do you need to chat face-to-face? Use one of the video chat links below to connect with us via Zoom.
Apache Enrollment Center, Academic Advising, and Testing Services
TJC administrative offices will be open Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., with late hours until 7 p.m. on Thursdays for walk-in visits.
Library & Bookstore
Vaughn Library is open Monday–Thursday, 8 a.m.–9 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
The on-campus bookstore is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Additionally, we have developed outdoor WiFi hotspots you can use from your vehicle. This service will be available in parking lots S4, F3, F4 and F5 (near Rogers Student Center and Genecov).
TJC NOW Fund
Do you need help transitioning to online learning? TJC is providing financial resources through the TJC NOW fund and the CARES Act. Please click the link below to apply.
This emergency assistance is a one-time opportunity, and funds do not need to be repaid. These funds are intended to cover expenses that can impact a student’s ability to continue their education.
Test Protect Yourself from COVID-19Read More
Protect Yourself from COVID-19
You can take steps to protect yourself and others during a COVID-19 outbreak.
Test 10 Study Tips For Online ClassesRead More
10 Study Tips For Online Classes
Studying for an online class involves challenges that are not always present when you take…
Test TJC Your WayRead More
TJC Your Way
We're offering three course modalities so you can stay on track, your way!