COVID-19 Information Center
We are making adjustments to upcoming terms in response to COVID-19.
- Registration is open for Summer and Fall classes through Apache Access. Summer classes are offered online, hybrid, or in-person.
- All in-person classes will have limited seating to allow for physical distancing in accordance with guidelines from the State of Texas.
- Masks are required in compliance with Gov. Abbott’s recent executive order. Go here for more information regarding mask guidelines.
TJC will communicate specific guidance and updated information. Please check your TJC student email and this website for updates.
Clery notification for COVID-19 cases
We have been informed of confirmed positive COVID-19 test results within our TJC community. While we have taken significant measures to limit opportunities of exposure to the Coronavirus, we are also prepared for the possibilities that COVID-19 will make its way on to our campus. Our TJC protocols are in accordance with county, state, and federal guidelines and are continually reviewed/updated to match any given situation.
Read the notifications here: https://www.tjc.edu/campuspolice/reports
Free COVID-19 Testing
NET Health is offering free testing to anyone in East Texas. Any non-symptomatic person from any county can come to receive a free COVID-19 test. These walk-in testing events will not require pre-registration but you will need to wear a mask when you enter either of these locations.
Important Contact Information
Virtual office hours and realtime help contact information.
Stop the Spread
Keep you and your family safe during this uncertain time.
Resources for Students
Need help getting acquainted with online classes? We're here to help!
TJC Connect LIVE
Use these virtual info sessions to engage with admissions specialists, academic advisors, financial aid specialists, and ask questions of current students.
TJC prides itself on care, integrity and accessibility. It is critical, especially in these challenging times, that we provide exceptional service to our students. In a continued effort to slow the spread of the virus and maximize physical distance, but still deliver stellar service to those who need it, we will be providing real-time virtual student support.
- Offices are open for virtual support: Apache Enrollment Center, Advising, Admissions, Dual Credit/High School Partnerships, Registrar, Scholarships, Financial Aid and Business Services
- Virtual support hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. · Office contact information can be found at https://www.tjc.edu/coronavirus/contact
- Virtual lobbies: Do you need to chat face-to-face? Use one of the video chat links below to connect with us via Zoom.
Apache Enrollment Center, Academic Advising, and Testing Services
TJC administrative offices will be open Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., with late hours until 7 p.m. on Thursdays for walk-in visits.
Library & Bookstore
Vaughn Library is open Monday–Thursday, 8 a.m.–9 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m.–5 p.m. for the Summer terms.
The on-campus bookstore is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Additionally, we have developed outdoor WiFi hotspots you can use from your vehicle. This service will be available in parking lots S4, F3, F4 and F5 (near Rogers Student Center and Genecov).
TJC NOW Fund
Do you need help transitioning to online learning? TJC is providing financial resources through the TJC NOW fund and the CARES Act. Please click the link below to apply.
This emergency assistance is a one-time opportunity, and funds do not need to be repaid. These funds are intended to cover expenses that can impact a student’s ability to continue their education.
Test Protect Yourself from COVID-19Read More
Protect Yourself from COVID-19
You can take steps to protect yourself and others during a COVID-19 outbreak.
Test 10 Study Tips For Online ClassesRead More
10 Study Tips For Online Classes
Studying for an online class involves challenges that are not always present when you take…
Test Preview Day LIVERead More
Preview Day LIVE
Connect LIVE to TJC through our Preview Day programming