The English department at TJC provides a broad foundation for the core of a college education. As an English major, you’ll read and analyze literature while learning the important components of writing and composition.
Our program will help you enhance your writing, critical thinking and reading skills, while also expressing your creativity. This is an opportunity to expand your mind as you continue on your professional or educational pathway.
The English department is a close community of professors and students committed to their craft. Our faculty-to-student ratio is incredibly low, with one faculty member for every five students who are English majors–nearly unheard of in an English department anywhere in higher education. This fosters a creative and nurturing environment where students build deep and lasting connections with their faculty and fellow students.
Why choose English at TJC
Low faculty-student ratio
Our English department has one faculty member for every five English majors.
We have agreements with universities in Texas which guarantees your courses will transfer.
Our writing center is a free resource for students who need help writing, or just want someone to look over their papers.
Who We Are
- Mary Adams, Professor - English
- Marygwen Arnold, Professor - English
- Judi Bateman, Professor - English/Literature
- Terra Blakemore, Professor - English
- Traci Borum, Professor - English
- Gloria Brooks, Professor - English/Literature
- Joan Bruckwicki, Professor - English
- Mike Fitzpatrick, Professor - English/Literature
- Jeremy Light, Professor - English
- Regan Minkel, Professor - English
- Dr. Bridget Moore, Professor - English
- Leigh Ann Olejnik, Professor - English
- Karen Peterson, Professor - English
- Dr. Jim Richey, Professor/Department Chair - English
- Carla Thiel, Professor - English
- Brittni Tracy, Professor - English
- Silvana Vierkant, Professor - English