How to Request a Transcript
Which status best describes you?
Are you a Current Student needing an unofficial transcript?
The Registrar's Office will not print your unofficial transcript, but you can view and print it from your Apache Access account. To view and print your unofficial transcript:
- Log on to your Apache Access account
- Click on "Self-Service/Registration" under "Quick Links" on the left hand side of the page
- Click on "Student Records"
- Click on "Academic Transcript"
- Choose your Transcript Level
- Choose your Transcript Type
Note: If you have a hold on your account, you will not be able to view your transcript. You can also view your holds under “Quick Links” in Apache Access. If you have questions concerning holds, please visit our Transcript FAQ page. If you are a Dual Credit Student, please see the "other information" section on this page.
Are you a Current or Former Student needing an official transcript?
In person: Use this option to pick up the official transcript from the Registrar’s Office
Please stop by the Registrar’s Office in the White Administrative Service Center on the TJC main campus with your current student ID or driver's license and fill out the transcript request form.
Online: Use this option to request an official transcript be submitted to another college or university.
Fill our our online Transcript Request Form (coming soon).
Fax: Use this option to request an official transcript be submitted to a person or employer
Download and fill out the transcript request form and fax to 903-510-2634. Note: we cannot accept electronic, scanned or computer generated signatures. The signature must be by the student's hand and in cursive, or it will not be accepted.
Mail: Use this option to request an official transcript be submitted to a college, person, or employer
Download and fill out the transcript request form and mail to:
P.O. Box 9020
Tyler, TX 75711
Note: we cannot accept electronic, scanned or computer generated signatures. The signature must be by the student's hand and in cursive, or it will not be accepted.
Proxy: Use this option to authorize someone other than yourself to pick up your official transcript. Please note the following:
- The completed and signed transcript request form must be received in the Registrar's office prior to the proxy coming in and picking up the transcript. (Note: we cannot accept electronic, scanned or computer generated signatures. The signature must be by the student's hand and in cursive, or it will not be accepted)
- Write the name of the proxy anywhere on the front of the transcript request form stating them as such (example: Proxy - John Smith)
- Student should fax in the request form and call to confirm we have received it and that there are no problems before sending in a proxy.
- A photo I.D. will be required of the person picking up your transcript
- There is no transcript request fee. You receive up to 10 free transcripts per semester. After that there is a $5.00 fee per transcript.
- If you have a Business Service hold, Campus Safety hold, or transcript hold on your file a transcript request will NOT be completed on your behalf.
- If you have a Dual Credit/Early Admissions hold, and you have graduated from high school, you cannot receive any transcript official or unofficial until we receive the official high school transcript (with a date graduated).
- If you are a Dual Credit Student and are currently still in High School you can request a transcript, however the Registrar’s Office will only send out an unofficial transcript to the college, university, or person including a formal letter from TJC explaining why they are receiving an unofficial transcript.
- Parents wanting to pick up a dependents transcript must bring in the original and current filed tax years 1040 listing the student as a legal dependent. You will also be required to fill out or bring in the affidavit of dependency form (coming soon). Please be aware if your son/daughter has a hold or balance due with the College, you may not receive academic transcripts until said hold or balance due is cleared through the appropriate office.
For further questions please see our transcript frequently asked questions page, call the Registrar’s office at 903-510-2401, or email us at email@example.com.