Rusk TJC Citizens Promise Scholarship
The Rusk TJC Citizens Promise is available exclusively to qualifying Rusk High School graduates who enroll at Tyler Junior College within three years of graduation.
Rusk TJC Citizens Promise Scholars may receive up to $8,000 for two years to be used toward tuition, fees, books and housing.
Unlike a typical college experience, Rusk TJC Citizens Promise Scholars have access to a dedicated Promise scholarship coordinator who will guide them toward their academic goals.
What makes a student eligible for the Rusk TJC Citizens Promise Scholarship?
|Eligible Candidates Must:|
How do I know if I meet the criteria listed above and if I am eligible for the Rusk TJC Citizens Promise Scholarship?
- Each year, Rusk High School will hold an assembly and invite all qualifying seniors to attend.
What do I have to do in order to retain the Rusk TJC Citizens Scholarship once I am enrolled at TJC?
To retain this scholarship for future semesters, a student must:
- Enroll as a full-time student each long semester- typically 12 credit hours
- Complete at least 80 percent of enrolled credit classes each semester and maintain a minimum 2.5 semester and cumulative GPA
If criteria is not maintained, a student may be reinstated after he/she pays own expenses for one long semester and meets all requirements.
What are the steps I need to take in order to accept the Rusk TJC Citizens Promise Scholarship?
Qualifying candidates who, during their senior year, are notified by Rusk High School that they are eligible for this scholarship must:
- Submit the Rusk TJC Citizens Promise Scholarship acceptance form
- Submit a current TJC scholarship application
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Short URL to this page: www.tjc.edu/ruskpromise