A radiological technologist is a person trained in the "art and science" of creating images of the human body. The radiologic technologist works closely with the radiology doctor (radiologist) and other physicians, and plays a vital role as a professional member of the total health care team.
The Radiologic Technology Program at Tyler Junior College is fully accredited by the JRCERT ‐ Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology. A graduate of the JRCERT accredited program is entitled or eligible to sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) national examination. The program boasts a 100 percent registry exam success for each of the last 12 years.
A balanced curriculum of general didactic and clinical courses offers the student a rich environment in which to learn both the art and science of radiologic technology. Clinical courses are actual "hands on" experiences at one of seven area hospitals. The student spends 1800 hours at the clinical education site during the 24 month program and has every opportunity to learn his or her chosen profession.
For informaton regarding application and admission criteria please contact an academic advisor at 903 510-2662
Both the Selective Admissions Programs Application AND the Radiologic Technology Application are required.
- Selective Admissions Program Application (Application for Fall 2015 Enrollment)
- Radiologic Tech Application
- Radiologic technology handbook
- Clinical information
- Radiologic Technology (AAS)
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Joint Review Commission on Education in Radiologic Technology
- JRCERT 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60606-3182
Phone: (312) 704-5300
Fax: (312) 704-5304
Please contact academic advising for information. 903 510-2662
- Nathan Stallings, MS, RT(R) - Department Chair
- Goldie Byrd, A.A.S., R.T.(R)
- Mindy Goode, A.A.S., R.T.(R)
- Trina Travis, B.S.R.T.(R)
Short URL to this page: www.tjc.edu/RadiologicTech
Radiologic Technology Contact Information
Please contact an academic adviser for information at
Office: RHNS 2.247