Tyler Junior College

Name and Address Change Information

Concerning Name Changes

Note: Changes to nicknames, reversing legal first and middle names, replacing middle with maiden name, etc, cannot be allowed. We must keep your correct legal name in the file in order to keep accurate records for you. Any name change request other than by change in marital status must be accompanied by a signed court order.

In order to change your name or make a name correction, you will need to come in person to the Registrar’s Office. You will need to bring a valid Driver's License or US Passport reflecting the current name along with the following documents:

  • Original Marriage License (from the county, not a church)
  • Divorce Decree
  • Original Birth Certificate (must be United States)
  • Original Certificate of Naturalization

Concerning Change of Address

In order to change or correct your MAILING ADDRESS, the following information must be provided for a change of address:

  • Via visiting the Registrar's Office in the White Administrative Service Center, please bring your:
    • Tyler Junior College Student ID
    • Valid Driver’s License
  • Via Email/Fax:
    • Current students must email from their TJC student email account to registrars@tjc.edu. You must include your Student ID number, old address, new address, date of birth, and effective date of change in the email.
    • If former student and cannot access your TJC email account, then please fax a copy of your current driver's license with appropriate new address, old address, and effective date of change to 903-510-2634.

In order to change PERMANENT RESIDENCE ADDRESS, you will need to provide the Admission’s Office with the following documentation along with the residency change status form:

  • Drivers License with current permanent address
  • Tax Documentation showing tax independence (if under 25 years of age)
    • Your 1040 tax form showing financial independence
    • Your parent’s 1040 tax form showing they do not claim you
  • Lease Agreement or proof of home ownership showing you have been living in the TJC taxing district for AT LEAST 12 consecutive months prior to enrollment.
  • Application for Reclassification forms found in the Admissions Office.

Please note your residence is based upon the person who claims you on their taxes.

For questions, please call the Registrar's office at 903-510-2401.