Where can I register and pay?
You can go to the Catalog and Registration pages to the left and register online. Credit card payment will be taken there. You can also pay at the Cashier's office on the main campus in the White Administrative building. If you have any questions, please call us at 903-510-2900
Why can’t I wear a cotton T-shirt and cut-offs in the pool?
- Cotton is very destructive to the computer probes and the sand filter.
- On the computer probes it snags and causes inaccurate readings.
- In the sand filter it balls up and allows for bacteria to grow.
- For a cleaner, healthier pool we encourage you to wear Spandex or 100% polyester.
When are you open until midnight?
- In the summer we close at 9 p.m. Monday-Thursday, and Friday at 5 p.m.
- In the fall and spring we close at midnight Monday through Thursday and Friday at 9 p.m.
- This allows students more workout time and recreation without having to leave campus.
Ornelas HPE Center Phone Numbers:
- Heath Stoner - Director (903) 510-2557
- Sondra Ramsour - Aquatics (903) 510-2750
- Evan Gillispie - Assistant Director (903) 510-2486
- Front Desk - (903) 510-2555
Is there any way to join the gym?
- Members of the President’s Circle have entitlement to the Ornelas HPE Center. For more information contact Shelby Brown, Director of Annual Giving at ext. 3158 or stop by her office on the second floor of WASC.
- Take a Credit class.
- Take a Continuing Education class/course at the Ornelas HPE Center that involves your particular needs.
Is there a day pass available?
Not at this time.
What kind of equipment do you supply?
We supply towels, day locks, various balls for indoor sports a few racquetball racquets. We are happy to set-up Wally Ball Court if you call ahead.