Presenting a New Program
Are you presenting a new program?
Please note: Respective Dean’s should discuss new programs with the Provost and the Director of Institutional Research prior to completing C&I documentation. Additional documentation may be required. If this is a revision to an existing program, please follow the process for revising current program curriculum. ACGM/WECM-driven changes only must be made with the notification process.
Notification of Intent to Submit New Program
- Please familiarize yourself with the Overview of the C&I process, including procedures, your responsibilities as department chair, the submission timeline, and the proper routing.
- Department chairs should complete all forms electronically.
- All completed forms (including electronic signature form, minutes, faculty approvals) should be combined into a PDF portfolio before circulation.
- Please complete ALL forms in the New Program packet. Use the checklist as a guide to be sure you’ve completed all necessary steps, summarize changes with courses affected in the Summary of Proposed Course Updates, and duplicate the Course Inventory Update form for each course affected.
- Curriculum Revision Checklist
- Summary of Proposed New Program
- Course Inventory Updates
- WECM Local Needs Course (if applicable)
- WECM Special Topics Course (if applicable)
- Proposed Curriculum
- Advisory Committee Minutes (Include all copies. Committee must meet a minimum of two face-to-face meetings for new program implementation. Highlight discussion/approval specific to proposed revision. Save file as PDF.)
- Faculty Confirmation of Notification
- Curriculum and Instruction Signature and Routing