Presidential Honors Scholarship
These scholarships are awarded to incoming freshman whose applications demonstrate academic excellence, leadership, extracurricular or community involvement, and who meet at least ONE of the three following criteria:
- Rank in the top ten percent of their high school class at the completion of their junior year;
- Rank in one of the "top ten" positions of their high school class at the completion of their junior year AND demonstrate college readiness as defined through the Texas Success Initiative.
- Achieve at least a 3.5 high school GPA (unweighted) AND meet one of the following ACT or SAT test scores:
- ACT - Composite score of 26 or higher with a minimum of 19 on both the English and Mathematics sub-tests
- SAT - Combined score of 1200 on the Math and Critical Reading sub-tests with a minimum of 500 on each.
The Presidential Honors Scholarship will cover the full cost of tuition and fees for two years (fall and spring only). Students must enroll full time and complete the requirements of the Honors Program to maintain the scholarship. An additional $1,000 per year will be awarded to students who choose to live on campus in the new Honors Living and Learning Community in the Ornelas Residential Complex (apply for housing here).
Students who graduate from one of TJC’s service area high schools and meet one of the first two criteria listed above are guaranteed the Presidential Honors Scholarship upon successful completion of acceptance requirements. All other applicants will be awarded based on a competitive review process. Applications must be complete by May 1st.