Apply for the TJC Honors Program
Students who live in the TJC service area and graduate in either the top 10 or top 10 percent of their class are automatically eligible for the Presidential Honors Scholarship, which guarantees your automatic admission into Presidential Honors at TJC.
If you received a Presidential Honors Scholarship packet, simply complete the online acceptance form included. Even if you’re not automatically awarded the Presidential Honors Scholarship, you may be eligible for a competitive Presidential Honors or other scholarships.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply!
Graduating high school students must meet one of the following criteria to be considered for the program:
- Rank in the top 10% at the end of their junior year;
- Rank in one of the “top ten” positions of their high school class at the completion of their junior year AND demonstrate college readiness as defined through the Texas Success Initiative;
- Achieve a 3.5 high school GPA (unweighted) AND meet one of the following testing requirements:
- ACT - Composite score of 26 or higher with a minimum of 19 on each the English and Math sub-tests
- SAT - Combined score of 1200 on the Math and Critical Reading sub-tests, with a minimum of 500 on each.
- Current college students must meet the following criteria to be considered for the program: