Program Entry Requirements
If you have been offered the Presidential Honors Scholarship and received an acceptance packet from the TJC President, Dr. Metke, you do not need to fill out an Honors Application. Please see the acceptance packet for more information and instructions on accepting yoru Presidential Honors Scholarship.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply!
Graduating high school students must meet one of the following criteria:
- Rank in the top 10% at the end of their junior year;
- Rank in one of the “top ten” positions of their high school class at the completion of their junior year AND demonstrate college readiness as defined through the Texas Success Initiative;
- Achieve a 3.5 high school GPA (unweighted) AND meet one of the following testing requirements:
- ACT - Composite score of 26 or higher with a minimum of 19 on each the English and Math sub-tests
- SAT - Combined score of 1200 on the Math and Critical Reading sub-tests, with a minimum of 500 on each.
Current college students must meet the following criteria to be considered for the program:
- TJC or other college GPA of 3.3 or greater (>9 hrs. of coursework completed)
* Students who are interested in taking Honors courses but whose scores do not qualify can meet with the Honors Program coordinator to petition for provisional entry into the program.