ACE - Accelerated Certification for Educators
Deadline for Fall 2014 applications
July 31, 2014.
Mail or drop off application and other requested materials to:
Tyler Junior College
Accelerated Certification for Educators Program
RM 120 Jenkins Hall
1400 5th Street
Tyler, Texas 75701
INCOMPLETE PACKETS AND APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE EVALUATED
The Accelerated Certification for Educators program at Tyler Junior College is a state-approved comprehensive educator preparation program that offers training in pedagogy and professional responsibilities and education in various content areas.
Certificate areas that are currently offered:
- Generalist (EC-6)
- English as a Second Language (EC-6)
- History (8-12)
- Science (4-8) (Teacher Shortage Area)
- Science (8-12) (Teacher Shortage Area)
- Social Studies (4-8)
- Social Studies (8-12)
- Math (4-8) (Teacher Shortage Area)
- Math (8-12) Teacher Shortage Area)
- Special Education (EC-12) (Teacher Shortage Area)
Training will reflect the state teacher proficiencies and TExES competencies. Servicing to three different levels of teaching experience (emergency certification, additional certification, and uncertified individuals), TJC has created an individualized program to meet the needs of those who are seeking teaching certification:
- 100 contact hours in professional development
- 188 contact hours of content area education
- 30 hours of field-based experience
- 40 hours of service learning experience (Boot Camp)
- Field Experience: One-year internship (employment with independent school district)
- OR Clinical Teaching (12 weeks Clinical Teaching)
- Take the professional and content area TExES
- to prepare individuals seeking Texas state teacher certification.
- to engage in all students an understanding of teaching and its role in education.
- to offer high quality instruction, training and mentorship to ACE students.
- to serve the education community as a resource and initiative for collaboration between the ACE program, students, independent school districts and community at large.
- to introduce the community to the Alternative Certification Program at Tyler Junior College