Mission and Goals
The Business Management program provides a quality educational foundation for general business and management. Courses taken are intended to provide necessary job skills to prepare students for jobs in management or for advancement in a variety of businesses. Additionally, opportunities are available for those students wishing to transfer to further their studies. Several exit points for certificates give students a quick path to the workforce while maintaining the ability to complete an AAS in Business Management.
The goals and objectives of the program are:
- To immediately provide management job skills.
- Within courses provide practical analysis and decision-making tools to help students develop marketable skills, preparing them for employment.
- Teach interpersonal and teamwork skills through the use of cross-functional case presentation and business simulation projects.
- Provide skills based management certificates of completion.
- To provide additional skills for working students to increase their ability to advance in their jobs.
- Integrate and apply business strategy and decision-making tools through business case studies of small business and corporate business situations.
- Improve competence in verbal and written communication skills through an integrated approach of assignment modalities.
- To provide an opportunity for transfer to an upper level university.
- Have agreements in place with colleges and universities in the east Texas area that allow students seamless transfer.
- Provide advising to declared Business Management majors wishing to transfer.
- To provide opportunities for leadership development and socially responsible actions through community involvement.