Health Information Technology
Cost and Fees
COST AND FEES
Please click on the link below to see the cost and fees for Tyler Junior College.
The following are the number of semester hours for each course within the HIT Program.
|COSC 1301||3 hours|
|Semester 1||Credit Hours|
|ENGL 1301||3 hours|
|BIOL 2401||4 hours|
|HITT 1305||3 hours|
|Semester 2||Credit Hours|
|BIOL 2402||4 hours|
|POFM 1300||3 hours|
|HITT 1345||3 hours|
|HITT 1311||3 hours|
Social Sciences Elective
|Semester 3||Credit Hours|
|HITT 2160/Clinical||1 hour|
|HPRS 2301||3 hours|
|HITT 1353||3 hours|
|HITT 1341||3 hours|
|Language/Philosophy/Culture/Creative Arts Elective||3 hours|
|Semester 4||Credit Hours|
|HITT 2261/Clinical||2 hours|
|HITT 2339||3 hours|
|HITT 2335||3 hours|
|HITT 2343||3 hours|
|HITT 2346||3 hours|
Books: Cost varies per course; typically $100-$300 per course.
AHIMA Student Membership Fee: $45. This feel is subject to change. Please click on the following link for more information about AHIMA membership.
Clinical Course Information/Associate Fees: You will complete two clinical courses in the last two semesters of the HIT curriculum. You will complete site rotations at health care facilities and will observe HIT functions and also gain hands-on experience. Tyler Junior College and all participating health care facilities require HIT students to have the following items completed before beginning their site rotations. These items will be completed during the summer before your first clinical course.
- Drug Screen and Background Check: This will be performed by Remedy Personnel in Tyler, Texas. The current fee is $40. This fee is subject to change.
- Physical Examination and TB skin test: Cost varies. You can also receive these services at the Tyler Junior College campus clinic.
- Flu Shot: Cost varies. You can also receive this service at the Tyler Junior College campus clinic.
- Hepatitis B vaccine: Cost varies. You can also receive these services at the Tyler Junior College campus clinic.
- Immunization Record: If you need immunizations to complete your record this is at your cost.
- Name Badge: This will be obtained through TJC. The current fee is $5.00 but is subject to change.
**Other costs which could be incurred during Clinical site rotations include miscellaneous travel expenses such as: meal expenses, facility parking fees, gas lodging, etc.
RHIT Exam Fee: AHIMA Member: $229; Non-Member $299. Please click on the following link for more information on the RHIT exam.
"Tuition, fees, and other expenses are subject to change by vote of the Board of Trustees or the legislature of the State of Texas."
Health IT Contact Information
Nicole Wright, RHIA
Office: Pirtle T-215
Advising contact: 903-510-2347