Dental Hygiene (BS)
Take the next step in your career by earning your Dental Hygiene Bachelor of Science degree from TJC. Our program integrates dental hygiene, public health, education and management courses with the completion of your general education core.
A career in dental hygiene offers multiple career opportunities in a variety of settings. In addition to advancing your dental hygienist skills, our program provides you the liberal arts foundation to pursue additional career opportunities in education, research, administration, clinician and public health. With state-of-the-art facilities and excellent, caring faculty we guide you through this next education step in your career.
The TJC dental hygiene degree completion curriculum leads to a Bachelor Degree in Dental Hygiene. Enrollment is limited to accepted applicants.
Application Period: July 8-August 12
All documents must be submitted by the Aug 12th deadline in order to be considered for first come – first serve placement.
Requirements for AdmissionThose applying for the program must:
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Have graduated with an associate’s degree from a dental hygiene program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
- Have active licensure as a dental hygienist.
- Applicants will have the option of enrolling in either a one year or two year degree completion plan.
- Completion of the core curriculum is required prior to receiving a bachelor’s degree at TJC. Please review core curriculum requirements.
- In the final semester, students must commit to a practicum experience based on career interest.
- Completion of a total of 120 credit hours is required for the bachelor’s degree. Elective courses and/or core courses may include coursework previously taken for the entry level dental hygiene associate degree program.
- A student must earn a C or higher in all dental hygiene courses.
TJC is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer a Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene.
This hybrid program offers an opportunity for licensed dental hygienists to further their education beyond the associate degree level. Students in the BSDH degree completion program can anticipate a rewarding experience that develops and enhances skills in critical thinking, research, public health and education as they relate to the dental hygiene profession.