Computers & IT Service Desk
IT Service Desk FAQ's
Q: What can students do to minimize technical support issues before starting an online class?
A: To minimize support issues, all online students should visit our Service Desk page to ensure they are using the recommended browser, browser version and java version.
Q: What support issues can the IT Service Desk assist online students with?
A: Typical issues the IT Service Desk provides assistance with are listed below:
- Password resets
- Can’t see online classes*
- I see my online class but when I click the course link I get: No access to online content error*
- Course content in Canvas not displaying correctly (Java version issue)
- Can’t email instructor in Canvas (incorrect email address)
- Can’t send attachment/upload in Canvas (browser/java issue; mostly Macintosh)
- Automatic login to Canvas doesn’t work (typically browser issue)
- Students should contact instructor for all other issues with course
*Note: In some cases, the IT Service Desk will require additional assistance from another department; i.e. Registrar’s office, Admissions, etc. In such cases, the IT Service Desk will initiate contact with appropriate department on the student’s behalf.
My Labs Plus Notice
We are receiving reports that students and faculty are having issues with MyLabsPlus where, after logging in, they are brought to a blank page. This is a third-party site, meaning that it is not hosted by TJC. Please check that you meet the web browser requirements shown below. If you are still experiencing issues, you can contact the MyLabsPlus Support team 24 hours a day: (888) 883-1299.
In addition, the email address for MyLabsPlus help desk is email@example.com. For password resets, students in developmental classes can contact Billie Anderson by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students taking credit classes should contact Chris Chappa at email@example.com.
IE 8, 9
IE 8, 9
IE 7, 8
Mac OS 10.7 "Lion"
Safari 4, 5
|MacOS 10.6 "Snow Leopard"||
Safari 4, 5
|MacOS 10.5x "Leopard"||
Safari 4, 5
|Mac OS 10.4.11 "Tiger"||
Safari 3.x, 4
To learn how to log in to your online classes in Canvas, visit our Access your Online Class page.
Apache Access is experiencing issues with login. The system is asking users to change their password. Users can change their password by following the guidelines listed on the password reset page. Users should avoid using special characters in their new password. IT Staff are working to correct the problem as quickly as possible.
Service Desk Contact
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- If you need information about class schedules, registration, financial aid, payments, transcripts, or admissions information, please call 903-510-2385.
- The IT Service Desk is now on Facebook, please check it out at http://www.facebook.com/TJCServiceDesk
Online Chat Support
- Service available Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- To initiate chat session, click on the following link: support.tjc.edu
- For information on Canvas Supported Browsers, please refer to: http://guides.instructure.com/s/2204/m/4214/l/41056-which-browsers-does-canvas-support
Upcoming Maintenance Schedule
- September 14, 2013 midnight until September 16, 2013 midnight
Automated Phone System Options
Here are the options for our automated phone system. You may enter the number as soon as you start hearing the automated message for quicker access.
1 - Password Reset: AD, VDI, Email
2 - Faculty Emergency
3 - Banner
4 - Canvas
5 - Apache Access
6 - All other issues