Computers & IT Service Desk
Q: What support issues can the IT Service Desk assist customers with?
A: Some of the typical issues the IT Service Desk provides assistance with are listed below:
- Password resets (which you can do 24/7 by calling our number and using option 1)
- Account lockouts
- Automatic login to Canvas doesn’t work (typically browser issue)
- Typical software installs (browsers, anti-virus, etc.)
There are computer issues that we must divert to other departments. Below is a list of those issues and contact information for that.
|Customer does not know A#||Admissions, 903-510-2523|
|Customer can get to Canvas, but is having an issue with course content or missing classes||Help > Report an Issue link in the lower-left corner in Canvas|
|Customer has holds on account||Depends on hold, see www.tjc.edu/holds|
|Customer cannot drop class online||Registrar's Office, 903-510-1005|
|Housing application is not working/cannot see link to Apply||Housing, 903-510-2345|
My Labs Plus Notice
We are receiving reports that students and faculty are having issues with MyLabsPlus where, after logging in, they are brought to a blank page. This is a third-party site, meaning that it is not hosted by TJC. Please check that you meet the web browser requirements by clicking here. If you are still experiencing issues, you can contact the MyLabsPlus Support team 24 hours a day: (888) 883-1299.
In addition, the email address for MyLabsPlus help desk is firstname.lastname@example.org. For password resets, students in developmental classes can contact Katherine Murray by email at email@example.com. Students taking credit classes should contact Chris Chappa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further help with Pearson MyLabsPlus, click Here to access MyLabsPlus support page.
Click here to see the browsers that are supported by Canvas.
Displaying Blocked Content
Chrome and Firefox may block some external website content in Canvas. The result will be a blank page in Canvas. This page explains how to display the blocked content.
1. When you get a blank page in Canvas, click the shield icon in the address bar of the browser window (upper right).
2. Click Load Unsafe Script.
3. Click OK. The content will be displayed on the Canvas page.
1. When you get a blank page in Canvas, click the shield icon in the address bar of the browser window (upper left).
2. Click Disable Protection on This Page. The content will be displayed on the Canvas page.
For more details, see the “Browser Privacy Settings” section on the following page:
- For information on Canvas Supported Browsers, please refer to: http://guides.instructure.com/s/2204/m/4214/l/41056-which-browsers-does-canvas-support
Automated Phone System Options
Here are the options for our automated phone system. You may enter the number as soon as you start hearing the automated message for quicker access.
1 - Reset
Apache Access/AD passwords – available 24/7
2 - Faculty emergencies in the classroom ONLY
3 - Student issues such as Financial Aid, Transcripts, or Admissions questions
4 - All other audio/visual or computer related issues
Service Desk Contact
If you need information about class schedules, registration, financial aid, payments, transcripts, or admissions information, please call 903-510-2200.