Employer Recruitment Policies
Employers must meet these qualifications to participate:
- Employers must clearly indicate the employing organization’s name.
- Employers must not solicit or sell their products or services on campus at any time, especially via on-campus recruitment events.
- Employers must fully disclose the structure of their compensation packages and any business costs an applicant may incur in their first year of employment.
- Employers must not overstate potential compensation.
Right to Refuse Service
We reserve the right to refuse service to employers for factors such as the following:
- Misrepresentation by dishonest information or absence of information
- Complaints by students
- Harassment of TJC students, alumni or staff
- Breach of confidentiality
- Requiring, at the time of application, personal information such as bank and social security numbers
- Positions not likely of interest to college students or alumni
- Excessive outlay of personal funding required to obtain the position
- Failure to adhere to Career Services’ policies and/or any violation of TJC rules and regulations, and local, state, or federal laws.
Non-Discrimination Statement & Recruitment Policies for Employers:
The Tyler Junior College Career Services is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status (as defined under the Immigration Reform and Control Act), disability, or veteran's status.
Career Services requires all recruiters who attend job fair, interview or post jobs or flyers with Career Services follow the EEO practices as well as NACE Professional Standards in the recruiting process. Career Services will not offer recruiting services to 3rd parties if you charge fees associated with the hiring process such as purchasing products, membership, training fees, etc.
Final approval to use facilities and services of the Career Services is determined by the Coordinator of Career Services and may be revoked if these policies or the NACE Principles for Professional Conduct are violated. The permission to use facilities and services does not imply College approval or endorsement of the policies, practices, or products/services of the recruiters and their employers. Only Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employers may use Career Services facilities.
By registering your company or organization with us, you agree to accept and comply with the policies and procedures of the Tyler Junior College Career Services office regarding employer recruiting activities. We reserve the right to cease any recruiting partnership with an organization or their representative(s) whose business we believe is of a nature that is not appropriate for the Tyler Junior College student body, behave in an unethical or unprofessional manner or use candidate data for purposes other than for employment consideration.
The Tyler Junior College Career Services Center is committed to provide all of its programs and activities to its students and alumni on a nondiscriminatory basis.