Is there a test I can take to help me decide on a major or career?
There is help, but it's not technically a test. Career assessments can help you identify your skills, interests, values and personality and understand how these fit with different careers. Follow the instructions below to complete a career assessments and discover a path that is compatible with you.
**It is recommended that all students who complete a career assessment make an appointment with Career Services for assistance with interpreting the results.
- Contact Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 903-510-2334 for your activation code
- Go to the Kuder Journey Texas College and Career Planning System website and click on "Sign Up"
- Enter your information to create an account
- Enter the activation code you received from Career Services and click "Register"
- Go to the Kuder Journey Texas College and Career Planning System website
- Enter your user name and password
- Create an account here. You will need your email address and the TJC access code: apache
- Follow the prompts provided to created your user name and password, and the system will take you to the main menu.
- Upon completion, feel free to contact Career Services to schedule an appointment to discuss the results of the assessment.
- Go to the FOCUS website and enter your username and password to log in.
- Log in to TypeFocus at http://www.typefocus.com
- your password is: tjc77
Maggie Ruelle, M.A.
Coordinator, Career Services
Office: Career Services, 2nd Floor, Rogers Student Center