SACS - Quality Enhancement Plan
QEP Within the Context of Reaffirmation
SACS believes the enhancement of student learning should be at the heart of the mission of all institutions of higher learning, and the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) is a component of the accreditation process that reflects and affirms this commitment. Developing a QEP as part of the reaffirmation process is an opportunity and an impetus for an institution to enhance overall institutional quality and effectiveness by focusing on an issue or issues the institution considers important to improving student learning.
Each institution's QEP should be a course of action specific to that institution and its mission. It is intended to be customized and designed to meet the needs of the particular institution and to reflect its unique concerns and attributes. Institutions are, therefore, cautioned not to focus too intently on nor attempt to duplicate QEPs completed by other institutions.
Tyler Junior College has developed a Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) that:
- includes a broad-based institutional process identifying key issues emerging from institutional assessment
- focuses on learning outcomes and/or the environment supporting student learning and accomplishing the mission of the institution
- demonstrates institutional capability for the initiation, implementation, and completion of the QEP
- includes broad-based involvement of institutional constituencies in the development and proposed implementation of the QEP
- identifies goals and a plan to assess their achievement
Click here to visit the QEP Website