Touch of Gold
Twirling and Auxiliary Line
Tyler Junior College’s Touch of Gold twirling and auxiliary line is a part of the Apache Band. They are known for their exciting and eye catching half-time performances.
Outside of their exciting half-time shows, Touch of Gold competes in competitions around the country. They received 1st place in the collegiate division in the National Baton Twirling Association’s All American Tournament of Champions in Las Vegas in 2009 and again in Maui, Hawaii in 2010. In 2011 they competed in the National NBTA competition held at the university of Notre Dame, where they placed 3rd in the nation behind Penn State University and the University of Florida.
Last spring break, the Touch of Gold performed in Japan with the Apache Band and Apache Belles. Being a part of Touch of Gold gives students opportunities to travel, advance their performance level, improve their teaching through clinics and offers members scholarships in various amounts.
2015 Audition Dates and Information
Requirements before the audition
Make sure that you have filled out and returned the Information Request Form and your High School Band Director has filled out and returned the Band Director Recommendation Form.
- Saturday, March 28
- Saturday, May 9
- Saturday, June 20
If you need to schedule a private audition due to conflict, please contact Julie Crawford,email@example.com.
- Must dress in all black form fitting top and all black form fitting bottoms. Make sure to bring shoes to perform in.
- Hair must be out of face in a high pony tail or bun. Make sure you pin any loose hairs back. Bring hairspray and any extra styling tools you may need.
- Have your makeup performance presentable.
- You will learn a group routine on your piece of equipment the morning of auditions.
- Be prepared to perform various basic technique fundamentals upon request from the judges.
- Twirlers - Ex. Two spin/three spin, toss illusion, toss cartwheel, walkovers, and multiple batons
- Color guard: Drop spins, carves, windmills, pull hits, tosses on each piece of equipment (single, double, horizontal, 45), etc.
- Be prepared to perform basic body movements upon request from the judges.
- Be prepared for a one on one interview with the judges.
If you have any questions regarding your audition, contact Julie Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 903-510-3168.
2015 Touch of Gold Clinic Information
- Saturday, May 2
Click the here below to find the Clinic Registration Packet.
Short URL to this page: www.tjc.edu/TouchOfGold