THURSDAY DELAY: Due to the anticipation of freezing rain, TJC will open 10:30 a.m. Thursday, in time for classes to begin at 11:15 a.m.
Interested in Apache Cheer?
Benefits of being an Apache Cheerleader
- Performance Grant opportunities (scholarship)
- Uniforms and equipment provided
- Paid travel expenses (transportation, room and meals)
- Access to athletic trainers and training facilities
- Strength coach and access to work out facilities
- Kinesiology elective credits (1 credit hour per semester)
- Community Service event participation
- "College Game Day" experience and university cheer preparation
- Coaching staff with over 17 combined years of coaching all star, college and tumbling
- Participation at NCA Summer Camp, SMU Dallas, TX
- Participation at NCA Collegiate Nationals, Daytona Beach, FL
- Must be enrolled in 12 or more semester credit hours (special circumstances considered).
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or more for team and performance grant eligibility.
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or more for full tuition performance grant eligibility.
- Must complete mandatory study hours to remain eligible for team events and participation.
- Camp wear deposit (owed during summer after tryouts)
- Sponsorship/ fund raising goals (completed at a date specified by coaching staff)
- Summer camp practice weeks and camp
- All practices and weight/ conditioning times
- All of Spring Break practices
- NCA Collage Nationals
- All home football games
- Will travel to a few away games and all travel playoff games
- All Men's and Women's home basketball games
- Will travel to a few away games and playoff games
- Support at home games for Women's Volleyball, Men's and Women's Soccer, Baseball, and Softball
- All recruit clinics
- Community service events
Spirit Programs Contact
New Student, Family and Spirit Programs Coordinator