Top 10 Percent Scholarship Program
The 80th Texas legislature created the Top 10 Percent Scholarship to encourage students who graduate in the top 10 percent of their high school class to attend a Texas public institution of higher education.
Students who meet the initial eligibility requirements listed below will be notified by the TJC Scholarship Office. Other than completion of the 2015-2016 FAFSA, no additional application is necessary to be considered for this scholarship.
Initial Eligibility Requirements
- Be a Texas resident
- Be registered with selective service or be exempt from registration;
- Demonstrate financial need (to be determined by the college or university financial aid office);
- Complete a 2015-2016 FAFSA or TASFA (if applicable) by March 15, 2015;
- Complete Recommended or Distinguished Achievement HS curriculum;
- Rank in the top 10 percent of high school graduating class;
- Graduate from an accredited high school in Texas;
- Enroll full-time in a Texas public 2-year or 4-year college or university in Fall 2015.
- Complete 30 semester credit hours in the previous year;
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25;
- Complete at least 75% of hours attempted;
- Complete a 2015-2016 FAFSA or TASFA (if applicable) by March 15, 2015.
Complete program information available at the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.