Frequently Asked Questions
Am I Eligible to live on-campus?
- Residents must be a TJC student enrolled in a minimum of 12 semester hours during the Fall and/or the Spring semester (3 hours during a Summer School session).
- Beginning with the Fall 2014 semester, residents must maintain an overall cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 for two consecutive semesters (Fall and Spring semester of the 2014-2015 academic year) to be eligible to live in a Residence Hall. A cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 must be maintained every additional semester in order to continue to be eligible for housing.
- All Housing charges must be paid in full, or arrangements to pay must be completed before move-in. Payments can be made through the TJC Cashier’s Office located in the White Administration building. There are 4 ways to pay the Housing charges: Scholarships and Performance Grants. Out of Pocket or Private Pay – the complete amount paid before move-in. Payment Plan - established with Business Services. Financial Aid - provide Housing with a copy of the Financial Aid award letter
What is the Cost to Live On-Campus?
The current Fall and Spring semester prices are for room, required meal plan, water, electricity, basic cable and internet access. Each of the stated costs includes $90.00 sales tax which is assessed on the $1,100 mandatory meal plan.
- Louise H. & Joseph Z. Ornelas Residential Complex - $3,690.00 per semester
- Bateman, Claridge, Holley, Vaughn, Sledge and Hudnall Halls - $2,640.00 per semester
- Lewis Hall - $2,465.00 per semester
The MayMester and Summer Term prices are for room, water, electricity, basic cable TV and internet access.
- MayMester 2014 Rate - $375 for the session - no meal plan available
- Summer Term 2014 Rate - $975 per session - mandatory meal plan required
Does completing the Housing Application guarantee me a space?
No, it does not. Only Applicants who have a complete Housing Application file are eligible for placement. Applicants are placed based on the date the Housing application file is complete. All placement is done on a first completed file, first placed basis.
For Fall 2015, the priority placement deadline is March 1, 2015. Placement will begin in June 2015 for applicants who have a complete Housing file prior to March 1, 2015. Those who apply after March 1, 2015 with a completed Fall 2015 Housing file will be automatically put on a Waiting List.
What is the address if someone wants to send mail to me?
Your Residence Hall name, Your Room number
1415 South Baxter Avenue
Tyler, Texas 75701