Public Affairs & Grant Development
The Office of Public Affairs & Grant Development assists the College in securing external funding both from public and private sector grantors by:
- Identifying sources of grant funding (federal, state, local, private);
- Managing the External Funding Request process;
- Ensuring that all grant applications address an objective within the College’s Strategic Plan;
- Acting as liaison with funding agency personnel (obtaining sample funded proposals, clarifying questions about selection criteria, etc.);
- Assisting with the preparation of applications for grants;
- Editing or critiquing proposals and concept papers written by others;
- Maintainining file copies of all pending, funded, and unfunded proposals submitted by TJC; and
- Providing grant information sessions for faculty and staff.
It is important to note that staff members are not experts in all content areas and that subject-matter expertise is necessary from academic and support staff personnel. The Office of Public Affairs & Grant Development provides technical expertise and assistance in the research, development, and submission of grant proposals.
Public Affairs & Grant Development: provides public and media relations services on behalf of the College, including assistance to local news media and with public inquiries; works toward the development of official reports and presentations on behalf of executive offices of the College; works to secure grant funding from federal, corporate and private resources, interacting with faculty and staff members to determine grant and gift funding needs and feasibilities; and supervises the customer relations associates of the College's White Administrative Services Center.