Tyler Junior College

Frequently Asked Questions: Student Support Services

Click a question to reveal the answer.

Student Support Services FAQs

Q: What services do you offer students with disabilities?


Support Services provides services to students with disabilities to insure accessibility to university programs. We offer accommodations counseling, community referrals, disability-related information, adaptive technology equipment, tutoring and interpreter services for academically related purposes. Reasonable and appropriate accommodations are reviewed and recommended on a student by student basis.  Support Services does not offer diagnostic testing, personal attendants, financial assistance or scholarships.

If you have a disability that is impacting your academic performance, you will need to provide acceptable documentation of that disability to the Office of Support Services. The documentation must be supplied by a qualified professional who is licensed or certified to diagnose the disability. An appointment should be made with a Support Services Counselor to review the documentation and discuss the request for accommodations.

See more information at www.tjc.edu/SupportServices.

Q: What services do you offer students with disabilities?

Q: What constitutes a disability?

Q: What should I do if I have a disability and want to receive accommodations?

Do you have a Question?

If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then click the button below.

Get this feed Tyler Junior College Student Support Services feed