Tyler Junior College

Frequently Asked Questions: Students

Click a question to reveal the answer.

Students FAQs

Q: How do I get a transcript if I am not able to come to campus?

Q: Can an official copy of my transcript be faxed?

Q: I have a hold on my file. How do I have this removed?

  • Advising Holds: speak to an Academic Advisor for removal of this hold.
  • Bad Address Hold: Go to the Registrar's office and complete a change of address form for removal of hold.
  • Business Service Hold: money is owed to the college and this hold can only be removed by the Business Service office.
  • Campus Police Hold: Campus Police will need to remove this hold. (This generally means you have a parking ticket.)
  • Financial Aid Hold: Financial Aid will need to remove this hold. If it is an Exit Counseling hold, click on the link below which will take you to the Stafford Exit Counseling page. After completing the Exit Counseling Session, you will need to contact Financial Aid and give them your confirmation number and resubmit your transcript request to the Registrar's office. Click here for Exit Counseling
  • Transcript Hold: a high school or college transcript from your previous institution(s) has not been received. In order to lift this hold we must receive the transcript(s) from those listed institutions that have caused the hold. TJC allows for one (1) academic semester of enrollment while waiting on the official transcript(s). However, you will not be able to register for the following semester or obtain a TJC transcript until all transcripts are received.

(High School transcripts must have a graduation date posted and must be mailed or walked-in to be considered official. If you sent your transcript before graduation you must send another with the posted graduation date.)

Q: If I have a hold on my file can I have a transcript sent?

Q: How do I request my transcript from my other Colleges and Universities to be evaluated?

Q: How do I register for classes on Apache Access?

Q: How do I view or print a copy of my class schedule?

Q: How do I register for a class that is full or closed?

Q: How do I check my grades?

Q: What does a grade of AD, BD, CD, DD, or FD mean?

Q: When/where can I get my TJC ID card, lanyard, and parking permit?

Q: Where do I buy my textbook?

Q: How do we request a transcript?

Q: How do I request a campus tour?

Q: How do I withdraw (drop) a dual credit/early admissions class at TJC or my high school?

Q: Where is the Dual Credit Office located?

Q: What is an Early Admissions (EA) Hold? Why do I have an EA Hold on my account?

Q: How can I view and print my unofficial transcript?

Q: How can I request a grade replacement or grade forgiveness?

Q: How do I contact the Registrar’s Office?

Q: How can I get text books with my financial aid?

Q: Can I audit a Continuing Studies class?

Q: Can I use the Vaughn Library if I’m a Continuing Studies student?

Q: What types of courses does TJC offer?

Q: Do you have to pay a fee to have your transcript sent to another school?

Q: What services do you offer students with disabilities?

Q: What constitutes a disability?

Q: What should I do if I have a disability and want to receive accommodations?

Q: Why do I have to display my TJC identification card?

Q: Where can I find registration and payment dates?

Q: I'm looking for a certain degree. Is there a list of degrees on the website?

Q: When is the application deadline for my specific selective admission program (e.g. Nursing)?

Q: How much is tuition for the different semesters (fall, spring, Wintermester, Maymester, Summer, etc)

Q: Where can I find out how many students are accepted into each special admissions program? (DMS, Nursing, etc.)

Q: Where can I send my official transcripts?

Q: What type of services does the campus clinic provide?

Q: How can I verify if my transcript request was fulfilled and sent?

Q: Where is the final exam schedule?

Q: When do I need to send in my official transcripts?

Q: Who do I contact if I lost my A#?

Q: How do I drop a class?

Q: Where can I find prerequisites for courses?

Q: Do Tyler Junior College students have access to a health clinic or doctor?

Q: What do I need to do if I need to change my address or name?

Q: My financial aid doesn't come in until after school has been in session for a while. Is there a way I can get my books before school starts?

Q: As a recent graduate, am I still allowed to use the OHPE center?

Q: If I went to TJC a long time ago, how can I get my unofficial transcript?

Q: What does the letter "I" mean on my transcript?

Q: If I have a night class, and don't want to walk to my car by myself, can Campus Police escort me to my car?

Q: What are acceptable forms of identification?

Q: Where can I find what books/materials I need for each class?

Do you have a Question?

If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then click the button below.

Get this feed Tyler Junior College Students feed