Tyler Junior College

Frequently Asked Questions: Students

Click a question to reveal the answer.

Students FAQs

Q: How do I get a transcript if I am not able to come to campus?

Q: Can an official copy of my transcript be faxed?

Q: I have a hold on my file. How do I have this removed?

Q: If I have a hold on my file can I have a transcript sent?

Q: How do I request my transcript from my other Colleges and Universities to be evaluated?

Q: How do I register for classes on Apache Access?

Q: How do I view or print a copy of my class schedule?

Q: How do I register for a class that is full or closed?

Q: How do I check my grades?

Q: What does a grade of AD, BD, CD, DD, or FD mean?

Q: When/where can I get my TJC ID card, lanyard, and parking permit?

Q: Where do I buy my textbook?

Q: How do we request a transcript?

Q: How do I request a campus tour?

Q: How do I withdraw (drop) a dual credit/early admissions class at TJC or my high school?

Q: Where is the Dual Credit Office located?

Q: What is an Early Admissions (EA) Hold? Why do I have an EA Hold on my account?

An Early Admission (or EA) Hold is on every dual credit or early admission student’s file in order to restrict students from registering for classes, either online or through an academic advisor. Each dual credit or early admission student must be manually registered in order for the student to receive the appropriate high school and college credit. Graduating high school seniors must stop by or call the Dual Credit Office for the hold to be lifted and their admissions file updated.

If the student has other holds on their account, it is the responsibility of the student to see the appropriate department in lifting those holds.

Common Holds:

  • Advising Hold (AD Hold)– See your academic advisor
  • Business Services Hold – Contact the Business Office
  • Library Fines, Parking Fines – Fines payable at the Cashier’s office
  • High School Transcript Hold – Send Official High School transcript with date of graduation to the Admissions Office

For additional questions and information, please call 903-510-2716 or email: admissions@tjc.edu and list Dual Credit in the subject line.

Q: How can I view and print my unofficial transcript?

Q: How can I request a grade replacement or grade forgiveness?

Q: How do I contact the Registrar’s Office?

Q: How can I get text books with my financial aid?

Q: Can I audit a Continuing Studies class?

Q: Can I use the Vaughn Library if I’m a Continuing Studies student?

Q: What types of courses does TJC offer?

Q: Do you have to pay a fee to have your transcript sent to another school?

Q: What services do you offer students with disabilities?

Q: What constitutes a disability?

Q: What should I do if I have a disability and want to receive accommodations?

Q: Why do I have to display my TJC identification card?

Q: Where can I find registration and payment dates?

Q: I'm looking for a certain degree. Is there a list of degrees on the website?

Q: When is the application deadline for my specific selective admission program (e.g. Nursing)?

Q: How much is tuition for the different semesters (fall, spring, Wintermester, Maymester, Summer, etc)

Q: Where can I find out how many students are accepted into each special admissions program? (DMS, Nursing, etc.)

Q: Where can I send my official transcripts?

Q: What type of services does the campus clinic provide?

Q: How can I verify if my transcript request was fulfilled and sent?

Q: Where is the final exam schedule?

Q: When do I need to send in my official transcripts?

Q: Who do I contact if I lost my A#?

Q: How do I drop a class?

Q: Where can I find prerequisites for courses?

Q: Do Tyler Junior College students have access to a health clinic or doctor?

Q: What do I need to do if I need to change my address or name?

Q: My financial aid doesn't come in until after school has been in session for a while. Is there a way I can get my books before school starts?

Q: As a recent graduate, am I still allowed to use the OHPE center?

Q: If I went to TJC a long time ago, how can I get my unofficial transcript?

Q: What does the letter "I" mean on my transcript?

Q: If I have a night class, and don't want to walk to my car by myself, can Campus Police escort me to my car?

Q: What are acceptable forms of identification?

Q: Where can I find what books/materials I need for each class?

Do you have a Question?

If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then click the button below.

Get this feed Tyler Junior College Students feed