Tyler Junior College

Frequently Asked Questions: Register for Classes

Click a question to reveal the answer.

Register for Classes FAQs

Q: I have a hold on my file. How do I have this removed?

Q: How do I register for classes on Apache Access?

Q: How do I view or print a copy of my class schedule?

Q: How do I register for a class that is full or closed?

Q: When/where can I get my TJC ID card, lanyard, and parking permit?

Q: Can students who have never been to college before get cleared to register online without having to come to the campus?

Q: What classes can I take for Dual Credit?

Q: I want to enroll in more than 2 Dual Credit classes. Is this possible?

Q: I am a Homeschool student. Do I need a dual credit/early admission permission form?

Q: Can I receive Financial Aid to help pay for my classes if I am still in high school?

Q: If I am taking dual credit or early admissions classes, do I need to attend Orientation?

Q: Do dual-credit courses transfer to other institutions?

Q: If I'm currently taking dual credit classes and I am not attending TJC after graduation, do I still need to submit an official high school transcript after my high school graduation?

Q: What is an Early Admissions (EA) Hold? Why do I have an EA Hold on my account?

An Early Admission (or EA) Hold is on every dual credit or early admission student’s file in order to restrict students from registering for classes, either online or through an academic advisor. Each dual credit or early admission student must be manually registered in order for the student to receive the appropriate high school and college credit. Graduating high school seniors must stop by or call the Dual Credit Office for the hold to be lifted and their admissions file updated.

If the student has other holds on their account, it is the responsibility of the student to see the appropriate department in lifting those holds.

Common Holds:

  • Advising Hold (AD Hold)– See your academic advisor
  • Business Services Hold – Contact the Business Office
  • Library Fines, Parking Fines – Fines payable at the Cashier’s office
  • High School Transcript Hold – Send Official High School transcript with date of graduation to the Admissions Office

For additional questions and information, please call 903-510-2716 or email: admissions@tjc.edu and list Dual Credit in the subject line.

Q: How do I contact the Registrar’s Office?

Q: What types of courses does TJC offer?

Q: What should I do if I have a disability and want to receive accommodations?

Q: Where can I find registration and payment dates?

Q: I'm looking for a certain degree. Is there a list of degrees on the website?

Q: If I registered for a class, but want to switch the class because I signed up for the wrong one/need a different class, what do I do?

Q: How do I drop a class?

Q: Where can I find prerequisites for courses?

Q: How do I know if I am an in-district student or an out-of-district student?

Q: What do I need to do if I need to change my address or name?

Q: If I went to TJC a long time ago, how can I get my unofficial transcript?

Q: Where can I find class times for class offerings I want to register for?

Q: What does the letter "I" mean on my transcript?

Q: How do I drop my classes?

Q: Is there a way I can look up my transcript online as a former student?

Q: What is a CRN number?

Q: How do I get a transcript of my college hours sent to a board of licensure in another state?

Q: What are acceptable forms of identification?

Do you have a Question?

If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then click the button below.

Get this feed Tyler Junior College Register for Classes feed