Tyler Junior College

Frequently Asked Questions: Register for Classes

Click a question to reveal the answer.

Register for Classes FAQs

Q: I have a hold on my file. How do I have this removed?

Q: How do I register for classes on Apache Access?

Q: How do I view or print a copy of my class schedule?

Q: How do I register for a class that is full or closed?

Q: When/where can I get my TJC ID card, lanyard, and parking permit?

Q: Can students who have never been to college before get cleared to register online without having to come to the campus?

Q: What classes can I take for Dual Credit?

Q: I want to enroll in more than 2 Dual Credit classes. Is this possible?

Q: I am a Homeschool student. Do I need a dual credit/early admission permission form?

Q: Can I receive Financial Aid to help pay for my classes if I am still in high school?

Q: If I am taking dual credit or early admissions classes, do I need to attend Orientation?

Q: Do dual-credit courses transfer to other institutions?

Q: If I'm currently taking dual credit classes and I am not attending TJC after graduation, do I still need to submit an official high school transcript after my high school graduation?

Q: What is an Early Admissions (EA) Hold? Why do I have an EA Hold on my account?

Q: How do I contact the Registrar’s Office?

Q: What types of courses does TJC offer?

Q: What should I do if I have a disability and want to receive accommodations?

Q: Where can I find registration and payment dates?

Q: I'm looking for a certain degree. Is there a list of degrees on the website?

Q: If I registered for a class, but want to switch the class because I signed up for the wrong one/need a different class, what do I do?

Q: How do I drop a class?

Q: Where can I find prerequisites for courses?

Q: How do I know if I am an in-district student or an out-of-district student?

Q: What do I need to do if I need to change my address or name?

Q: If I went to TJC a long time ago, how can I get my unofficial transcript?

Q: Where can I find class times for class offerings I want to register for?

Q: What does the letter "I" mean on my transcript?

An "I" on your transcript means "Incomplete due to illness or other unavoidable circumstances." It means you haven't completed the coursework for the class, but for a legitimate reason, such as illness. You must contact your professor about the coursework that needs to be finished. If you complete the coursework within 30 days after the beginning of the following semester, your grade can be changed. If you do not complete the coursework in that amount of time, a grade of "F" will be given for that course.

Q: How do I drop my classes?

Q: Is there a way I can look up my transcript online as a former student?

Q: What is a CRN number?

Q: How do I get a transcript of my college hours sent to a board of licensure in another state?

Q: What are acceptable forms of identification?

Do you have a Question?

If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then click the button below.

Get this feed Tyler Junior College Register for Classes feed