Tyler Junior College

Frequently Asked Questions: Paying for College

Click a question to reveal the answer.

Paying for College FAQs

Q: How do I pay for my dual credit/early admissions classes?

Payments can be made to the Cashiers Office in person or by phone Monday-Thursday 8:00am-6:00pm and Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.

Call 1-800-687-5680, Ext. 2672 or 2673 (cashier’s office)
Call 903-510-2672 or 903-510-2673 (cashier’s office)

We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, cash, check, and money order for payment. You must have the following information to give the cashier: Your name and A#, name and number on credit card, & credit card expiration date.

Q: Can I receive Financial Aid to help pay for my classes if I am still in high school?

Q: How do I get financial aid (grants, loans and work study)?

Q: What do I do with the Student Aid Report (SAR) that I received from the Department of Education after I completed the FAFSA?

Q: What do I do with the FAFSA Response letter or email that I received from the Financial Aid Office?

Q: When is the best time to apply for Financial Aid?

Q: What happens if I miss the financial aid deadlines?

Q: What is TJC's School Code for sending documents?

Q: How can I check my financial aid status?

Q: How long will it take to receive my financial aid award?

Q: What is the process for receiving student loans?

Q: How can I get text books with my financial aid?

Q: When will I get my financial aid refund?

Q: How do I get summer financial aid if I am attending any of the Summer terms (Maymester, Summer I, Summer II)?

Q: I am currently attending another college and will transfer to TJC, what do I need to do regarding my financial aid?

Q: How can I pay for on-campus housing?

Q: Can I get financial aid to take a Continuing Studies course?

Q: Where can I find registration and payment dates?

Q: How much is tuition for the different semesters (fall, spring, Wintermester, Maymester, Summer, etc)

Q: How do I know if I am an in-district student or an out-of-district student?

Q: My financial aid doesn't come in until after school has been in session for a while. Is there a way I can get my books before school starts?

Q: How do I apply for installment payments for tuition and fees?

Q: Where can I find a copy of the Dependent Verification Worksheet?

Q: How long does the loan process take?

Q: What does a reversal refund mean?

Q: I have financial aid as a full-time student for the Fall and Spring semesters. Does that aid apply for Wintermester as well?

Q: What are acceptable forms of identification?

Q: What is the 27-hour rule fee?

Q: If I wanted to drop a class, can I and will I be refunded?

Q: Am I eligible to be a Work Study student?

Q: How do I set up my HigherOne debit card?

Do you have a Question?

If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then click the button below.

Get this feed Tyler Junior College Paying for College feed