Document Downloads: The Center for Student Success
The following documents are available for download. Documents in PDF format can be read using Adobe Reader.
MS Word and Powerpoint documents can be read by using their respective applications or any alternatives.
The Writing Lab offers Quick Guides for common writing questions students might have.
- Argument Essay Guide (PDF)
- Cause/Effect Essay Guide (PDF)
- Comma Usage (PDF)
- Compare/Contrast Essay Guide (PDF)
- Eliminating Fragments (PDF)
- Eliminating Run-Ons (PDF)
- Grammar Sheet for ESL Writers (PDF)
- In-text Citations (PDF)
- Literary Analysis Guide (PDF)
- Narrative Essay Guide (PDF)
- Nouns (PDF)
- Parts of Speech (PDF)
- Process Analysis (How-To's) (PDF)
- Research Essay Guide (PDF)
- Subject-Verb Agreement (PDF)
- Turabian (Chicago) Guide (PDF)
- When to use "Lie" vs "Lay" (PDF)
- Verbs (PDF)
- Works Cited (PDF)
- Writing Thesis Statements (PDF)
- The Writing Process (PDF)
The Power Point lessons below were designed for classroom instruction. Please download the presentation you would like to view. If you would like further instruction, please visit the Writing Lab.
Documents that supplement the Writing Center workshops.
AIMS program critertia and INRW program critreria
- AIMS and INRW classes (PDF)
- GradesFirst – Schedule and Manage Tutoring Appointments (PDF)
- Tutor application (DOCX)
- Fall 2015 Tutors (XLSX)