What is MyCAA
- The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program provides financial assistance for military spouses.
- MyCAA provides spouses up to $4,000 over 2 years to pursue degree programs, licenses or credentials that lead to employment in portable career fields.
Who is Eligible
- Spouses of active duty service members in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, and O1-O2
- Spouses of activated Guard and Reserve members at E1-E5, W1-Wd and O1-O2 pay grades (spouses of Guard and Reserve members must be able to start and complete their courses while their sponsor is on Title 10 orders)
Note: The MyCAA program does not include Coast Guard spouses.
MyCAA Financial Assistance (FA) pays tuition for education and training courses, and licensing/credentialing fees. This includes:
- State certifications for teachers, medical professionals and other occupations requiring recognized certifications;
- Licensing exams and related prep courses;
- Continuing Education Unit (CEU) classes;
- Degree programs leading to employment in portable career fields; and
- High school completion course, GED tests, and English as a Second Language (ESL) classes.
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Dialysis Technician
- EKG Technician
- Electronic Health Record Management
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Medical Billing & Coding with Medical Administration
- Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician with Medical Administration
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Physicians Office Assistant with Electronic Health Records
Eligible spouses can establish a MyCAA account by visiting the MyCAA website at https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa. Once spouse profile information is provided, MyCAA will verify spouse DEERS benefit eligibility. Eligible spouses will be allowed to create their Career and Training Plan and request financial assistance at least 30 days prior to the course start dates. Additionally, spouses are responsible for applying to their selected school or program and enrolling in each course included in their approved MyCAA Career and Training Plan.